Notices

Thread: SV 650

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: SV 650 
    Thanks everyone for the excellent advice... I'll have to test ride one... sounds like the bike of choice for my needs!
    Right.... let's get looking!
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

2. Re: SV 650 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    another favorite is to crash a faired 650s and then to save money convert it to a naked 650n. The farmes are different, they have different geometry and will have odd lugs and brackets on them from the fairing. Look in the frame and it will tell you if it is a 650s or a 650n. Obviosly this only applies to the non-faired bike.
    The S (faired) and N (unfaired) model frames are identical, and have identical geometry.

With the exception of slightly different gearing (final drive) giving the S a slightly higher topend the differences are purely cosmetic.

The N is far rarer and has specific bar's, front master cylinder, headlight, loom, and radiator off the top of my head. Most naked SV's I've seen are former S models that have been converted for various reasons.

3. Re: SV 650 
    Quote Originally Posted by python
    Thanks everyone for the excellent advice... I'll have to test ride one... sounds like the bike of choice for my needs!
    Last time I was in Mikkie's shop he had a few SVs Chris, why not try there? Not sure whether he'd give you more than a tenner for Jordan but it's worth a look...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

4. Re: SV 650 
    Diamond Member
    Good to see the above mentioned Tobias today for a quick cuppa - and on the SV too, it's looking good mate (and sounds even better)

G

5. Re: SV 650 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    [quote author=python link=1327514712/10#10 date=1327602039]Thanks everyone for the excellent advice... I'll have to test ride one... sounds like the bike of choice for my needs!
    Last time I was in Mikkie's shop he had a few SVs Chris, why not try there? Not sure whether he'd give you more than a tenner for Jordan but it's worth a look... [/quote]
    A tenner?? ;D ;D ;D that's very generous Si!! ;D
    I'm going down to see Mikkie on Saturday afternoon, Hope he has a SV I can try!
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

6. Re: SV 650 
    You can try mine as soon as I can dig it out!!!!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

7. Re: SV 650 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry
    Good to see the above mentioned Tobias today for a quick cuppa - and on the SV too, it's looking good mate (and sounds even better)

G
    Thanks alot Gerry i love it too, but its many great thanks to Whizz as he also put a serious amout of effort in to this! And i know you have already baught the thundercat but as Whizz said they definitly do have a serious amount of capability. The power deliverance is really unlike anyhting else, you never have to change gear if you please, I have ridden in all the way from Devises to trowbridge in 6th without changing gear and i didnt even think about it. I suggest if you ever get a chance to ride one give it a go...... i garentee you will get off with a smile!!! (your welcome to have a go on mine when you please)