Notices

Thread: Aces cafe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Aces cafe 
    Have been covering tclassic events for a mag there for the last 5 years. Roughly 4 times a year.

Was last there in November for the Blue Haze two stroke day..

Have come to the conclusion the owners is very good at getting money out of bikers and gives nowt back.

When they have these theme days it would be nice if someone from the Ace would give out a few vouchers/prizes to some of the people who show bikes.

I normally ride up on the RD400 and it is not a pleasant journey.. I went up on the XJR1300 to the XJR owners meet on a thurdays once and took the back roads. It took hours and was not pleasant.

Look out for any bike events at Brooklands - that is worth a visit

2. Re: Aces cafe 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SupeRDel
    Have been covering tclassic events for a mag there for the last 5 years. Roughly 4 times a year.

Have come to the conclusion the owners is very good at getting money out of bikers and gives nowt back.

When they have these theme days it would be nice if someone from the Ace would give out a few vouchers/prizes to some of the people who show bikes.

I normally ride up on the RD400 and it is not a pleasant journey.. I went up on the XJR1300 to the XJR owners meet on a thurdays once and took the back roads. It took hours and was not pleasant.

+1

3. Re: Aces cafe 
    Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    [quote author=SupeRDel link=1327952660/10#10 date=1328036934]Have been covering tclassic events for a mag there for the last 5 years. Roughly 4 times a year.

+1[/quote]

Goes for me too,

Brooklands is well worth a reccy 8-)
    Everything else is shyte

4. Re: Aces cafe 
    hiya del,nice to see you again,must have just missed you at the blue haze day.
    the road to the ace isnt that bad,theirs some quite reasonable back roads,i quite enjoy the route through henley/marlow or stadhampton/highwycombe,boxhill is a worse run for me....

5. Re: Aces cafe 
    Quote Originally Posted by SupeRDel

+1

Ace Cafe is nowt special. Brookland however is magical. Prehaps a Wb ride there at some point??
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Aces cafe 
    Easter Sunday 2009, Hunar led the way to Ace Cafe, via the A4. We had an interesting time as we got into north west london - Southall High Street was having a Carnival and we took a bit of a detour via the housing estates.

About an hour at Ace, as expected on a hot, easter sunday it was rammed.

Coming back we all got a shift on, well over a ton for a long stint between Newbury and Marlborough, and Chippenham and Castle Coombe.