Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
[quote author=955i_Triple link=1329817258/10#10 date=1329841483]All insurance is expensive these days due to a number of factors (so they say!) >

I am 38 and have been riding on the road for 22 years and a lot longer off road! I have a multi bike policy, never claimed and have just had the renewal through for this year which is £100 more than last! Go Figure!

I changed last year from Carole Nash to Bennetts because of this very thing and now Bennetts are extracting the urine! I will be shopping around for sure. Always play the companies off against each other as they will move on price to get your business but itll help you a lot to get some no claims under your belt first. They will take you more seriously once you have proven you aren't one of the knobheads that push our premiums up

Good luck!
I jumped from Carole Nash to Bennetts to BMW and back to Carole Nash again in the last 5 years. They can't seem to get themselves out of this cycle of getting new business with competitive pricing and then upping the price at the first renewal. At least I now have multi bike and multi car policies so I only have to do it twice a year.[/quote]

It's not that they are enticing new customers with a bargain. What they offer is the actual price. They then try and repay your "loyalty" by screwing you over and bumping the price up. This practice is seen in banking (checked how much your ISA is paying lately. Move it) and mobile phone contracts. (every year I threaten to leave and every year they let me set my own tariff) They hope people are too lazy/stupid to shop around.

They've pretty much got you over a barrel on this one. My advice, sell the bike and get something more insurance friendly. It's amazing how quickly the premiums will come down when you've got some NCB.