Notices

Thread: It's started already...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. It's started already... 
    A bit of sunshine, and all the muppets take to the road. Followed a guy on an R1 home this afternoon. Wearing jeans, doing the stupidest over-takes (traffic approaching, coming into a tight bend, etc.). After muscling his way past cars totally unnecessarily, he then pottles round bends slower than my Granny. Note: the bends are the fun bit, pissing off car drivers isn't... >

If you're just getting back on after the winter break, take your time and think about what you're doing. Please don't add to the stats...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: It's started already... 
    Followed a guy to work the other day doing some seriously daft overtakes, I actually shut my eyes twice :/
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: It's started already... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    A bit of sunshine, and all the muppets take to the road. Followed a guy on an R1 home this afternoon. Wearing jeans, doing the stupidest over-takes (traffic approaching, coming into a tight bend, etc.). After muscling his way past cars totally unnecessarily, he then pottles round bends slower than my Granny. Note: the bends are the fun bit, pissing off car drivers isn't... >

If you're just getting back on after the winter break, take your time and think about what you're doing. Please don't add to the stats...
    Good speach....spent today having to do garden chores, but hope to get the vara out tomorrow, and will be taking it nice and steady as not had her out for a while.

4. Re: It's started already... 
    I ride my bike everyday, rain or shine, so when the sun shines I ride exactly the same way.... but my teeth don't chatter! ;D
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

5. Re: It's started already... 
    Took the MT03 out this afternoon to fill up ready for IAM session tmrw morning and on the way home latched onto a chap on a Triumph sportsbike and, as I had a spare half hour, thought I would see if I could keep him in sight over a decent 10 mile section.
    Comprehensively dusted on the straight bits but I was truly amazed at just how slowly/poorly he took corners. Admittedly we were pushing on a little but I'm by no means a super quick road rider and at one stage I really had to haul on the brakes as he braked from what I would guess was well over 3 figure speed (poor 'lil MT was still winding up at that stage) to about 40 to take a corner that was 60+ with ease.
    Perhaps he was running in new tyres, or maybe his white leathers and boots were blinding him in the unseasonable sunshine ;D either way that was my cue to turn off and let him thrupenny bit his way round the next set of corners......

6. Re: It's started already... 
    know what your saying fella,..i bumped into a group of bikers today,..they couldnt even ride to poole without one of them getting done for speeding....

bloody hooligans!!!! ;D

7. Re: It's started already... 
    Quote Originally Posted by dell_boy
    know what your saying fella,..i bumped into a group of bikers today,..they couldnt even ride to poole without one of them getting done for speeding....

bloody hooligans!!!! ;D

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour Dell....hehehe ;D ;D

8. Re: It's started already... 
    Quote Originally Posted by dell_boy

bloody hooligans!!!! ;D
    tu, tut - 43 in a 40 I hope

9. Re: It's started already... 
    I fully agree with you Mark...
    AKA Jase / Fazer390

10. Re: It's started already... 
    Yes mate, there's plenty of new kids in the playground, been used to having it a bit to ourselves and now we have to share, everyone wants to race, and like dabz posted, the over/undertaking is borderline dangerous.