Notices

Thread: GW's??

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. Re: GW's?? 
    The burger vans sh*te outside Triumph. Very dirty. The little swedish lady by the tool centre made her own burgers and was very pleasant. We tend to forget the other businesses that will be affected by GW's closing down.

How about Triumph and Victory moving to one of those nice big empty showrooms along the road?

2. Re: GW's?? 
    We haven't had a burger van for about 4 months so if anyone knows anyone that wants a pitch on a Staurday we would be very accomodating.

As for Triumph/Victory Moving not very likely I'm afraid.

And as someone asked about coffee, yes we don't charge for coffee and the machine is OK but if you come and see Paul in The Victory Showroom you might even get a proper filter coffee & a Biscuit all gratis.

3. Re: GW's?? 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikkie1986
    Biscuit all gratis.

I don't like currants any chance of a chocolate one???

4. Re: GW's?? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb
    The little swedish lady by the tool centre made her own burgers and was very pleasant.
    Possibly the best burger I've ever had!

5. Re: GW's?? 
    Rode past GW's this morning and noticed they have already removed a large quantity of bikes from the main showroom...
    '12 NC700X

6. Re: GW's?? 
    Yeah I noticed a turck outside and some people loading hte honda scooters on it.
    I feel for the people who worked for GW's.

Maybe I should buy a burger van, I need a second income and free every weekend

7. Re: GW's?? 
    Just back from Fowlers and thought i would take a look back at a post i sent in some weeks ago when the subject veered off topic and brought Fowlers into the frame.
    I scooted upstairs for a cuppa with the missus but before i got halfway i was approached by an irate salesguy ( who shall remain nameless ) who gave me an earful for posting detrimental comments about Fowlers and that i should go back and re examine what i had posted..well that i have done...and i stand by my comments..
    I could have gone into greater detail about certain events that happened but i didnt..thats in the past and Fowlers eventually resolved them to my satisfaction.
    My present dealings with Fowlers have been on a more positive note..the service i have just had is above average..a good job done..the service from Colin who works the desk down at Fowlers is second to none..Colin has always been an exceptional and helpful bloke and i have a lot of time for him.
    I stand by my comments that certain salesmen there are pretty dreadful and unless you commit to buying a bike and ask to many questions they deem you as a bit of a time waster and a nuisance and cant wait to f**k you off so they can go pounce on somebody else who might make them a quick buck.
    I said "some salesmen" not all..there are notably a couple of good guys there such as Phil in the Triumph dept.
    So my final opinion..Fowlers have good days and bad..they blow hot and cold..my second service on the new bike was poor.. nuts missing off the windscreen and the chain had not been lubed..petty things but when you part with £300 it should be expected that you get a decent standard of work.
    So apologies to those Fowlers staff that have been offended.
    Would i buy a new bike from them..yes..superb deals and bargains..very helpful staff if you get the credit nod.... bike gear..no way around it..to damned expensive.. used bikes no..my old bike is still in there for sale..still fitted with heated grips that dont work with a button missing and wires hanging out..perhaps they missed that one..like the Cam chain guider blade that was not fitted correctly causing the engine to blow up whilst doing 70mph on the fast lane of the M4 in rush hour.. but hey ..no hard feelings.i survived...it only took 2 months to put right and i did get a courtesy bike..so now we are all friends again and im happy to promote Fowlers now they seem to be once again carrying out quality servicing and getting their act together.
    When the warranty expires i will probably take the bike elsewhere for servicing but for now i have little choice but to continue my dealing with the big F

8. Re: GW's?? 
    Watch out for a new big player in the bike industry coming to Swindon (GW site)

And i must agree, Fowlers have good days and bad days. ( Personnal opinion and non work biest one)

* Breakfast 100% amazing...
    * Always found Colin great... 8-)

9. Re: GW's?? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikkie1986
    Watch out for a new big player in the bike industry coming to Swindon (GW site)

And i must agree, Fowlers have good days and bad days. ( Personnal opinion and non work biest one)

* Breakfast 100% amazing...
    * Always found Colin great... 8-)

Who? and when?

10. Re: GW's?? 
    Diamond Member
    Ace, you don't have to keep the bike serviced at Fowlers to maintain the warranty - you can take it elsewhere as long as the service schedule is followed. Just sayin.....