Notices

Thread: GW's??

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Re: GW's?? 
    Shame, i enjoyed going up there for a look around and it was always an excuse for a bit of a longer pop to the shop, i went there last week and got a right bargain pair of gloves, wish id bought two pair now

2. Re: GW's?? 
    Personally i couldn't care less about the company. ever since i tried to buy my second bike I've disliked them. i have never liked the way the company was with younger riders and maybe just maybe if they let people test ride bike without having to jump through hoops they could have lasted a bit longer. personally just been cheep was never enough

still, gutted for the guys told not to turn up for work

3. Re: GW's?? 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    [quote author=Swanny link=1326969974/19#19 date=1326977892]A trip to GW's was always a good excuse to go for a ride

really? it was a **** location to ride to! Now somewhere like 3x Motorcycles in ringwood...there's a dealership surrounded by awesome riding roads right to the front door. [/quote]
    Really???
    Melksham, Calne, Lynham, Wootton Bassett GW's
    Some nice twisty roads that way.

Really don't like riding to Fowlers

4. Re: GW's?? 
    Real shame for the people who are out of a job but I personally didn't really like the place. Lots of people moaned about the sales or after sales service as being rubbish although I know that's not always the case. The bike selection was ok but I hated the way the salesman use to prowl and look at you like you were dirt on the floor and you shouldn't be on the bikes, you could sometimes get a bargain in the warehouse but the cafe was utter crap for service. The staff had faces on them like they really didn't want to be there or even serve you and it took about 20 mins to get a cup of tea ffs!

Much prefer Fowlers for a cuppa and a game of table footy with Alf! They also don't mind him zipping around on his scooter and sitting on all the bikes! ;D

Hope the staff find jobs elsewhere though.

Roxy x

5. Re: GW's?? 
    Quote Originally Posted by si-moffatt
    Personally i couldn't care less about the company. ever since i tried to buy my second bike I've disliked them. i have never liked the way the company was with younger riders and maybe just maybe if they let people test ride bike without having to jump through hoops they could have lasted a bit longer. personally just been cheep was never enough

still, gutted for the guys told not to turn up for work

I agree... and also agree Shame for the staff

6. Re: GW's?? 
    Chatterbox
    A real shame for all the staff, gutted for them

I've been throught the Administrator mill a couple of times before and it's a bit of a shock to find your place of work locked up, and you slung out on your arse, even though you knew it might well be on the cards.

And the fact that a bike shop, even thought it was of no real interest to me, has gone to the dogs.

Everything else is shyte

7. Re: GW's?? 
    Diamond Member
    Echo the sentiments already expressed – Just back from the festive break to lose your job must be really tough. :'(

I have bought two bikes from GW’s in recent years and found the staff very helpful and could not fault the after care service. Always enjoyed chatting to the young lass who worked at the service desk.

Looking at the bigger picture, sadly, I would not be surprised to see more household franchise names in the car and motorcycle industry go to the wall. At a time when most folk are taking a pay-cut or freeze, the cost of new cars and bikes appear to be increasingly out of the reach of many.

Doom and gloom I know, but 2012 is going to be a hard year for most sectors. :'(

8. Re: GW's?? 
    I've only been to George whites a few times, I loved the feel of the place, there was a real buzz there, the park between the showrooms was always full with a vast array of different bikes.
    I loved browsing the outlet store, always a bargain to be had!
    So sad for the employees, out of a job ,must be hard to take.
    Although I've got to agree with the comments about the cafe staff... miserable b*ggers ! :
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

9. Re: GW's?? 
    Platinum Member
    This is tragic news not only for the staff but the biking community.

Don't care if you are fan of GW's or not it gives us the biking community less choice.

All these companies going on the high street sadly reminds me of a few years ago.

10. Re: GW's?? 
    Banned
    All the staff I met at GW were really nice, chatty and helpful