Notices

Thread: Best motorbike breakdown service

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Best motorbike breakdown service 
    I'm with the RAC - personal cover so I can call them for any of my collection. Been with them since I started driving.

I've needed them 3 times so far - yes I've had to wait for them, but they've told me how long it would be over the phone. On one occasion I went to my mums house while I waited, and the driver picked me up from there on his way over to my car.

The worst case was when I was stranded at 1am in the middle of nowhere. Lone female, so they offered to ask a police car to come to me while they got a recovery truck out, but me being me said 'no thanks' as I didn't want to bother them! Unfortunately it took longer to get the truck than expected, but they did give me £20 and an apology afterwards.
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

2. Re: Best motorbike breakdown service 
    Platinum Member
    Thanks Loops - I thought that the RAC seemed good.
    Nice of them to offer to advise the police (whilst you waited) - I'm impressed!

3. Re: Best motorbike breakdown service 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooj
    The AA have left Debz stranded by the road side with her bike for FOUR HOURS more than once when she's broken down. So much for lone female priority. Utter ****, avoid them at all costs!
    Never had that. Been stranded for a couple of hours max. Never had any complaints. The guys I've had have been very careful and knowlegeable.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"