Notices

Thread: george whites

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
  1. Re: george whites 
    Funny you should say that, I overheard a fella in the Indian tonight talking to his mates. Said he turned up for work there to find the doors locked when it all happened, and that there was no warning that it would happen that way, then went on to say the 'private investor' was the previous big bosses/owners mate and they want to make it work again.

I find it funny that, (and at this point I'd like to say I am fully aware that I am an outsider without all the facts), they got rid of the staff but kept the management team.

Would the accountability for it going under in the first place rest with the working staff or the decision making management team?

Which would YOU keep?

Just a thinker for you, I have no idea myself and this is just an idea based on mumblings overheard in a public place

(Sit on the fence???? ME???? With my reputation......)

2. Re: george whites 
    Platinum Member
    "1 - they are only selling off all the old FT/Motrax stuff they got stuck with when FT went under, plus a few old line things from the other manufacturers. No new A* boots, for instance. 2 - the contact number is a mobile number, disguised as a non-mobile number by having a 4 digit dialling code. 3 - the copyright is not held by a company - this would appear to be a sole trader/partnership."

3. Re: george whites 
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    leg guards
    They're designed so that, in the event of an accident, you break your leg at the knee so you can never walk again. Quite clever really.

4. Re: george whites 
    Heard that they made £30,000 in sales on Saturday alone excluding auctioned off bikes.
    Not all the bikes were sold. About 20+ odd left.
    It's a very sad place now, but at least the 20p coffee machine is still there but in a different place.
    Bad mistake ripping out the cafe area. Good for attracting business.
    Took a look inside Blade Honda. It's early days for them so perhaps it will improve. F*****g freezing in there. Hope it improves with time.