Notices

Thread: george whites

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: george whites 
    Quote Originally Posted by Col
    I'm lost with this bike auction :-/ There isn't a start time, can't find a full list in lot number order, conditions for payment or really much info....might try and get over today and see what's what.

Seems the clothing side is the same sorta stuff as before
    Could you update when you find out?.

2. Re: george whites 
    yup - no reserve prices, no indications of starting bids etc - it's not the best run auction I've ever seen!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: george whites 
    Platinum Member
    I suspect it will be very busy as it is all over the internet and probably in MCN, the world and has wife will be there looking for a bargain. It would not surprise me if some of the bikes go for more than book price

4. Re: george whites 
    The bikes have all been valued by the traders and are obviously going to try and retain high reserves..
    Good luck with the bidding...

5. Re: george whites 
    i need a new lid - might pop down and see if i can squeeze into a xxxxxxxxs or xxxxxxxxxxxxxxl

6. Re: george whites 
    Regards this auction:- These are what were left in the shops when Whites went ping. There are a couple of last year models unregistered and in total appears to be c.115 lots scooters,125,--apparently the list is available on-line :P

They have reserves ...why on older lots I have no idea and it starts at 9.00 Saturday ...way too early for usual auctions..with so few lots would think they'd be finished easily by 2p.m. unless they babble on for ages
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

7. Re: george whites 
    Quote Originally Posted by FJ_Biker
    I suspect it will be very busy as it is all over the internet and probably in MCN, the world and has wife will be there looking for a bargain. It would not surprise me if some of the bikes go for more than book price
    Yep its in MCN

Full page ad showing the same old GW's stock. What's the bets its all xxxs and xxxl

8. Re: george whites 
    Went to look at the bikes today.

Reserves aren't very high e.g. 2011 new shape ZX10R with about 4k miles ...reserve is £6k.

There are three 10/11 plate VFR1200's with £7k reserves and about 5 XJ6 Diversions 10 / 11 plate with low mileage and all have £3k reserves.

HOWEVER, lots of traders have been to look at bikes though and Administrators are going to try and get as much as they can for them.
    Apparently, some are also being sold on behalf of finance companies.

Bike auction starts at 9am Sat and terms are that you pay the winning bid price on hammer ... no auction commission on top.
    Terms are ......Deposit of £1,000 by cash or card required on day of auction for winning bid on each bike unless sold for less ... (there are some machines with less than £1k reserves) ... and balance to be paid and bike collected within 3 days of auction.
    Ducati Diavel Dark

9. Re: george whites 
    thanks Ade, that's exactly the info I've been trying to find out all week - can't believe they haven't included it on the website!

I'm now going to give this a miss for 2 reasons - 1 I may get trigger happy with the bidding and large credit card limit, and 2, I'm hoping to spend the time working on the bike I've already bought trying to make it work :P Plus my brother's bringing my nephew down for a visit
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

10. Re: george whites 
    Whos going to GW's then?

Honda Swindon
    Showroom stock arrived today.. Was Building them all at 8 am this morning!!!!
    Blade Honda Swindon will be Semi open tomorrow and a new burger/ breakfast van will be at the Blade site...Triumph, MV, Victory, My shop and now Honda.

Not forgetting Nooj is here aswell tomorrow!