Notices

Thread: Where do you go for tyres? Melksham/Devizes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Where do you go for tyres? Melksham/Devizes 
    Cool, thanks.

Going to ring Carson tomorrow and hopefully get them done on Friday, all a bit last minute but starting a week Friday me and the ball n chain are off on the bike for a week and a bit around Wales, up to Manchester or Preston/Blackpool to my parents or sisters house and then we'll base ourselves at the bottom of the lakes for a few days and take in a couple routes before coming back, still got tread on the current tyres but not confident there's enough for the whole trip, this way I can scrub them in before we set off.

Looks like I just bought an Autocom too, hope it arrives so I can fit it over the weekend.

Thanks for all your help

2. Re: Where do you go for tyres? Melksham/Devizes 
    Carsons locally for me.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: Where do you go for tyres? Melksham/Devizes 
    Just dropped the wheels off at Carson's this moring and will bang them back on tonight

Cheers guys

4. Re: Where do you go for tyres? Melksham/Devizes 
    Carson are excellent. Have been there twice now. Excellent service and supplied and fitted tyre for less than I could buy it online.

They tend not to keep motorcycle tyres in stock, but can order for next day

No brainer really.

5. Re: Where do you go for tyres? Melksham/Devizes 
    the guy at Carlson (admittedly 2 years ago) put my fireblade back tyre in wrong and then denied it, as if i would take off the tyre and put it on wrong ?

6. Re: Where do you go for tyres? Melksham/Devizes 
    Got a quote from Protyre and Carsons on saturday for the rear on my GSXR, Protyre were cheaper by £2, and said they could fit the same day as long as I got there at a resonable time.

Carsons said I would have to make an appointment for monday as they were fully booked but would reserve the tyre if needed.

Made an appiontment with Protyre and arrived 1.5 hours before closing as requested, hung around a bit only to be told would not have time to fit as they were now too busy. >

I have used wayside and have been pleased with the sevice in the past but as I live in Melksham I will give Carson a go tomorrow.

7. Re: Where do you go for tyres? Melksham/Devizes 
    I used to use Protyre all the time, in Bristol a couple years ago when I lived that way and they were always cheaper.

In this case they would have been cheaper (Westbury I think) for ride in/out but £15 more for me to drop the wheels off and have to go out of my way to do it too.

I live just on the other side of Melksham from Carson so dropped them off on my way to work and picked them up on my way home.

Sorted, still would have been nicer if they only cost £15 for a pair [smiley=wink.gif]

8. Re: Where do you go for tyres? Melksham/Devizes 
    I had a tyre fitted at Carsons tonight, very professional and polite service, I would use them again.