Notices

Thread: Mobile Tyre fitters?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Mobile Tyre fitters? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki
    [quote author=Ducatista link=1332327513/8#8 date=1332435679]...a lot of bikers are skinflints, so as others have said I think you need to research the viability of the business.
    Would that be cost conscious and financially astute ;D ;D

[/quote]

I make no excuses for my Scottish heritage ;D

2. Re: Mobile Tyre fitters? 
    Don't think an old catering trailer would be a good idea because of the parking problem. You'd need a long wheelbase hi line Transit or Movano etc. I've used e-tyres in the past for the car and he had everything in one of these vans.
    Why don't you set up an opinion poll, say for a month, on this forum to find out the opinions of members like:- Would you use a mobile fitting service in this area if the price was competitive. YES or NO. That would determine whether your idea is viable and take it from there. It's free as well.

3. Re: Mobile Tyre fitters? 
    it would be very expensive to start up, as has been said, also what about balancing, your looking at 2 grand for a decent balancer that can go in a van. good luck to you if you start.

4. Re: Mobile Tyre fitters? 
    Just a thought but could you expand your range and consider car and van tyres as well as bike?? That would give you way more potentual customers
    I understand that start up costs can be high but I am sure you could sorce most equipment second hand at a modest price given a bit time.
    Also you will have an big advantage over some of the established tyre companies, they have rent, rates building insurances all related to a fixed premisess.

Good Luck