Notices

Thread: G M Stevens are brilliant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: G M Stevens are brilliant 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry
    Big stock holding - agreed.
    Great opening times - agreed
    Helpful and friendly - 50% of the time.

The two gentlemen that run this (Brothers) ? Have been very different when I’ve dealt with them in the past, one helpful & friendly but the other unhelpful and unfriendly.

I think a typical “expert” in as much as if you don’t know exactly what you need , he will treat you like a dimwit, completely forgetting that it’s your money that pays his wages.

Last time I was in there (I was dealing with the nice 50%) he was being mildly sarcastic to a young guy who needed his help and advice.
    As they told me that their bike business was 50% down on a year ago it will be interesting to see how he deals with his new customers who want to buy a handful of plastic beads and some string etc !

I know it’s not just me as I’ve a friend (who knows a lot more about bikes than I do) who only uses them as a last resort for the same reasons.

Pity...

G

Understand what you mean - the slightly older one definitely has much better customer skills ;D

But still a brilliant place and hope it doesn't close down.

2. Re: G M Stevens are brilliant 
    Diamond Member
    Good bunch & very helpful. [smiley=thumbup.gif]

3. Re: G M Stevens are brilliant 
    Active Member Thorkill_The_Tall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry
    Big stock holding - agreed.

The two gentlemen that run this (Brothers) ? Have been very different when I’ve dealt with them in the past, one helpful & friendly but the other unhelpful and unfriendly.

I think a typical “expert” in as much as if you don’t know exactly what you need , he will treat you like a dimwit, completely forgetting that it’s your money that pays his wages.

Last time I was in there (I was dealing with the nice 50%) he was being mildly sarcastic to a young guy who needed his help and advice.
    As they told me that their bike business was 50% down on a year ago it will be interesting to see how he deals with his new customers who want to buy a handful of plastic beads and some string etc !

I know it’s not just me as I’ve a friend (who knows a lot more about bikes than I do) who only uses them as a last resort for the same reasons.

Pity...

G

Mike - probably the friendly one you mentioned - is a nice bloke but can be really away with the fairies sometimes.
    This drives his little brother (Steve- the owner) to the point of distraction.
    Depending on how much Mike has wound him up on any particular day, Steve can sometimes be a little short.
    Don't take this too much to heart, as Steve is also a top bloke, who will generally do the best he can to help.

Just never show him a bolt and say "I want something exactly the same as this, but different."

4. Re: G M Stevens are brilliant 
    They were great when I went in to bulk order my indicator lens's hehe....they didnt laugh once hehe : : : :

Which reminds me.....I must pop in and make an order....only got 1 spare left hehe 8-) 8-) : :

5. Re: G M Stevens are brilliant 
    I found stevens very helpfull I would use them again, if you need the cheapest deals shop around on line, but remember you will expect to pay a bit extra to have the convenience of popping in on a sunday to collect a few essentuals.

I used Pheonix at the start of the year for a fixed price service and MOT on my R1 first rate job, they finished early and had a bit of spare time so they changed the brake fluids for good measure and did not charge me any extra.

6. Re: G M Stevens are brilliant 
    Banned
    I always talk to the nice one not the grumpy one

7. Re: G M Stevens are brilliant 
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkill_The_Tall
    [quote author=Gerry link=1332763296/7#7 date=1332772754]Big stock holding - agreed.

Pity...

G

Mike - probably the friendly one you mentioned - is a nice bloke but can be really away with the fairies sometimes.
    This drives his little brother (Steve- the owner) to the point of distraction.
    Depending on how much Mike has wound him up on any particular day, Steve can sometimes be a little short.
    Don't take this too much to heart, as Steve is also a top bloke, who will generally do the best he can to help.

Just never show him a bolt and say "I want something exactly the same as this, but different."
    [/quote]

;D ;D ;D

Explains a lot!!!!!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

8. Re: G M Stevens are brilliant 
    Diamond Member
    Pleased to know it’s not just me that seems to bring out the worst in the grumpy one

I’d pay good money to see him “help” the first veggie hippy type that can’t decide on whether to have six light blue beads and one big pink one - or three pink beads and two blue ones plus some sparkly teenie tiny buttons ;D ;D ;D

Hope he's not a gun owner

G

GM Stevens: http://www.creativehobbysupplies.co.uk/index.html

9. Re: G M Stevens are brilliant 
    Chatterbox
    Popped in to today for a few replacement bolts.

Top job

8-)
    Everything else is shyte