Notices

Thread: British Superbikes - Brands Hatch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. British Superbikes - Brands Hatch 
    Anybody see the carnage yesterday at Brands Hatch or maybe you went? I watched it on Eurosport, I,m keen to keep an eye out for one of our customers Danny Buchan who rides Superstock for CN Honda, he went skidding on his backside, as did a lot of others due to the conditions (he appears to be OK).
    The whole meeting was postponed after fuel contamination added to the rain, apparently from a crashed bike that was picked up and continued the race with a fuel leak.
    Obviously the best decision for safety reasons, but it does bring into question the practice of downed bikes being picked up and continuing the race.
    Whereas I applaud the spirit of the downed racer, I think a quick glance and back on the bike is not the best of safety checks. Once they are down for safety reasons they should call it a day and pull out of the race.
    Plenty of officials agreed on the day when being interviewed by Eurosport, what do you think? :-?

2. Re: British Superbikes - Brands Hatch 
    This is the current rule for club racing but as with all things there are pros and cons. While this exceptional event would be prevented we would never see any of the great comeback rides when riders recover from a fall and storm through the pack. If the conditions had been dry the leak would have been spotted immediately so do we only race in the dry?

One common factor often quoted is touring cars, these had been at Brands the previous week and put down loads of rubber which is very very slippery when wet. The same conditions were experienced at Oulton Park last season and can be experienced if you have the misfortune to do a wet track day at Castle Combe.

3. Re: British Superbikes - Brands Hatch 
    Diamond Member
    Poor Jenny, I felt really sorry for her (particularly her, as she must feel a lot of extra pressure on her being a girly). Carnage wasn’t it ! I was wondering how many would be left at the end at one stage.

Foremost in my mind also was if they are falling off, what are we (WB trackday posse) going to be like next week if it rains, I know it was stopped for fuel on the track, but they were dropping like nine pins before that too :-/

Moo… did I see you on telly, thought I did ?

G

4. Re: British Superbikes - Brands Hatch 
    I felt for jenny too, warm up lap, after first bend! not a good start. They were all dropping like flies, this one bike rule adds to the riding around on an unworthy bike dilemma. As said though, everything has it's pro's and cons, so im not whining.

5. Re: British Superbikes - Brands Hatch 
    Not the ideal way to start the new season? really looking forward to Thruxton .

6. Re: British Superbikes - Brands Hatch 
    Quote Originally Posted by goz1960
    Not the ideal way to start the new season? really looking forward to Thruxton .
    yes mate me too, got a bit of a corporate thing going on so i get a seat in the stands , hope the weathers better than last years event, bit like brands yesterday

7. Re: British Superbikes - Brands Hatch 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry

Moo… did I see you on telly, thought I did ?

G
    You did!! At least twice!! just watched the highlights. If it makes you feel any better Jenny has very nice blue eyes.

8. Re: British Superbikes - Brands Hatch 
    Diamond Member
    Thought it was you being "bossy with your posse" lol

Bet you earned your keep that day !

Re Jenny, fell in love with her when she was in I Superbiker 2 (think it was that one) looks great in her leathers too :-)

9. Re: British Superbikes - Brands Hatch 
    Rob and I went for Sunday and Monday, qualifying was held up for quite a while due to contamination on Sunday (not least because the track washing truck broke down and had to be towed) then Monday it was a bit of a lottery most races being red flagged. It was being suggested that the detergent being used to wash the track didn't help either.

10. Re: British Superbikes - Brands Hatch 
    I was glad to see our Victor Cox stay on, and come ome in 9th in BritishSuperstock 1000's. Well done Vic...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk