Notices

Thread: Quite an urgent request from a Frome newbie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Quite an urgent request from a Frome newbie 
    Essex,

Fancy a swap?

2. Re: Quite an urgent request from a Frome newbie 
    some good points, just remember these sort of bikes are ridden hard by learners so make sure you have a spin on it first if you can

3. Re: Quite an urgent request from a Frome newbie 
    thank you,

I've decided to have more lessons with Mark.

4. Re: Quite an urgent request from a Frome newbie 
    good move, mark'll get you sorted

5. Re: Quite an urgent request from a Frome newbie 
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Kilroy
    thank you,

I've decided to have more lessons with Mark.

Excellent idea......can never have too much tuition from Able and the team.....they are ace !!

6. Re: Quite an urgent request from a Frome newbie 
    Hmmm, not sure if you're getting the point... By all means have as many lessons as you like, but I'd recommend getting a bike of your own AS WELL so you can practice what you've been taught. The weakness (for want of a better word) identified in your riding was lack of experience, and a couple of hours per week under tuition will help you learn what you're supposed to do, but getting your own bike will allow you to ride and practice all the tuition every day so that it becomes more intuitive and more natural for you. The more prepared that you are, not just for the test but for riding in general, the better. Knowing what to do is one thing, being able to do it without a second thought only comes with practice...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

7. Re: Quite an urgent request from a Frome newbie 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Hmmm, not sure if you're getting the point... By all means have as many lessons as you like, but I'd recommend getting a bike of your own AS WELL so you can practice what you've been taught. The weakness (for want of a better word) identified in your riding was lack of experience, and a couple of hours per week under tuition will help you learn what you're supposed to do, but getting your own bike will allow you to ride and practice all the tuition every day so that it becomes more intuitive and more natural for you. The more prepared that you are, not just for the test but for riding in general, the better. Knowing what to do is one thing, being able to do it without a second thought only comes with practice...
    a very valid point

8. Re: Quite an urgent request from a Frome newbie 
    I actually struggled on a 125 and found it much easier riding the bigger 500 bike and obviously you can only ride a 500 with an instructor. So I didn't go down the buying a 125 route, and did all my riding with my instructor. Might have taken a bit longer to get up to Mod2 but suited me.
    It's Lilac... not pink!

9. Re: Quite an urgent request from a Frome newbie 
    I understand the good advice given here thank you, I perfectly agree it would make sense to have my own 125cc, but unfortunately as with everything finances comes into it.
    I have committed myself to the purchase of a BMW-R65 (paid 500 pound deposit) and am saving up to pay that off. It's more than I expected to have to pay for my first bike but I had my heart set on a boxer twin and this is now a classic bike which is appreciating in value.It has only 17,000km on the clock, my uncle who is an experienced BMW fanatic took it for a test ride and said it is like a new bike, in looks and performance and was garaged and carefully maintained for most of its life.
    So I'm seeing it like an investment.

Anyway, it is waiting for me when I pass, and if anyone has an old 125cc lying around gathering dust that they would like to flog for a (few) hundred quid, then fine I would think about it, but for now, I need to save and keep faith in Mark, he hasn't let me down so far and I learnt more in a day with him than in a month with *********.

I'll pop round to Frome breakers again today and see if anything new has come in.

Cheers for all your constructive comments.

10. Re: Quite an urgent request from a Frome newbie 
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CG-1...#ht_500wt_1361

make a stupid offer never know your luck