Notices

Thread: Calling the Fromeys?!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Calling the Fromeys?! 
    Swing through the Trow and I'll meet up with yer.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

2. Re: Calling the Fromeys?! 
    hi all im going over to bike meet next week 18th so what say we decide on here next tuesday eve where to meet, im easy. alan

3. Re: Calling the Fromeys?! 
    Sounds like a plan. Will keep an eye on this thread.

4. Re: Calling the Fromeys?! 
    Hi there, Ive been over the once and found it a bit awkward but they are a friendly bunch, I mit head over too so I will keep an eye on thread, Im in trow

We could make a newbie corner ....lol

5. Re: Calling the Fromeys?! 
    Quote Originally Posted by 8_ball
    Hi there, Ive been over the once and found it a bit awkward but they are a friendly bunch, I mit head over too so I will keep an eye on thread, Im in trow

We could make a newbie corner ....lol

This is not something we try to do (making people feel uncomfy)......We were all the newbie once and I still remember how horrid it was turning up not knowing a soul.....but it is extremely hard to recognise new people as they come in......take tonight for instance, there were loads of people at the H+C and loads we did not recognise......we do try to approach new people but occasionally we've had some very odd reactions from people who are not there for the bike meet but wearing bike gear lol.
    Please please please can I urge you to just say 'Hi I'm so and so' and we will introduce you. Alot of us wear our hoodies with our names on so you just have to look and you will know who we are.
    If you do know you are coming over, a quick mention either on here or on the FB Harp and Crown Bike Meet page, to let us know you are going to be there and we will make sure someone is there to greet you.

Honestly we do understand how uncomfy it is meeting a group of people for the first time especially if we are all chatting etc......BUT we will welcome you into the group, so please just say hi to one of us.......we don't bite.....honest.......(unless asked hehe) ;D ;D ;D ;D

6. Re: Calling the Fromeys?! 
    thanks tina so i just enter pub stand on the chair and say im SO AND SO is this correct if so could be fun . look forward to meeting you all that i dont know as well. ;D

7. Re: Calling the Fromeys?! 
    thanks tina so i just enter pub stand on the chair and say im SO AND SO is this correct if so could be fun . look forward to meeting you all that i dont know as well. ;D

8. Re: Calling the Fromeys?! 
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie

Sounds good to me....better than a woman going up to every bloke that enters the pub saying hi, welcome, whats your name, Im Beamer .....I dont really fancy that as they may just ask "How Much??"
    Its alot easier if we know you are coming etc....The H+C is a working pub and there are often members of the general public popping in and out and just might be offended if some complete 'nutter' walks up and introduces themselves,drags them into a group of bikers etc and they are only there for their Grannies 70th birthday drinkie

As you can see its a bit of a difficult situation and we do try to introduce ourselves but it can be a bit of an uncomfortable situation if the person hasnt even come to the bike meet....and yes this has happened and Ive been left feeling like a complete twit (nowt new there I might add ;D ;D ;D)
    We wear named hoodies and just a quiet hello to one of us will ensure you are not left out
    Hope that helps !!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

9. Re: Calling the Fromeys?! 
    As Tina says, we're not ogres, we're just ordinary peeps who love biking , meeting socially and having a giggle!! I'll be happy to meet y'all in Frome on a Wednesday evening and lead you to the H&C.
    The company is good, the pub is excellent, food and drinks are reasonably priced and superb quality, and there's always loads of bikes, Stacy and Alli are brilliant hosts, and the Wiltshire Bikers are a friendly, happy bunch. It'll be good to see y'all !! ;D
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

10. Re: Calling the Fromeys?! 
    Platinum Member
    Hi Andy, whats the worst that can happen to you if you come along - maybe being approached by some strange women ;D