Notices

Thread: Post-Crash Legal Advice

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Post-Crash Legal Advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    Shall we stop now? - pretty please

I think all comments were intended in good faith because we care about about a fellow biker even if some came across a little undiplomatic.

I'm sure this isn't what she'd want.

Totally agree

Oh to be a perfect rider !!

But sadly nobody is ever perfect in anything and for anyone to say they are is just plain big headed and asking for a massive fall......we all learn from the experiences we go through in life and thats what life is all about

Glad you are physically ok Rachael and a bike is just a piece of machinery at the end of the day.

2. Re: Post-Crash Legal Advice 
    No offence intended.
    I have had my share of tumbles too.
    Wish my dad was as helpful

3. Re: Post-Crash Legal Advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by pilninggas
    If he does claim via your insurance it they will pay all of the costs. Your excess relates to you claiming on your insurance with TPFT this would be if it caught fire or if it was stolen.

My only advice is don't get stressed (not easy i know), and remember as much as not accruing no-claims is frustrating these sorts of accidents are exactly what insurance is intended for.

From what you have written I have interpreted it to mean that he wotn have to pay as his bike wasn't on fire or stolen? There is still the third party element.

You would be paying the first £950 of the claim, unless it was less than £950 you wont be paying the full excess amount.

You will however be charged more for insurance in the future as your classed as more likely to make a claim again as youve now had 1 claim.

4. Re: Post-Crash Legal Advice 
    Platinum Member
    From what you have written I have interpreted it to mean that he wotn have to pay as his bike wasn't on fire or stolen?
    No, I think you've interpreted it wrongly.

There is no excess when a third party claims against your insurance.
    The excess applies if you claim off your own insurance (which isn't happening in this case).

5. Re: Post-Crash Legal Advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    From what you have written I have interpreted it to mean that he wotn have to pay as his bike wasn't on fire or stolen?
    No, I think you've interpreted it wrongly.

There is no excess when a third party claims against your insurance.
    The excess applies if you claim off your own insurance (which isn't happening in this case).

I never knew that. It makes it a little easier to swallow I suppose.
    Hope the restoration is going well.