Notices

Thread: Post-Crash Legal Advice

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Post-Crash Legal Advice 
    Hi Guys,

Thank you for all your advice, I really do appreciate it, like I say i'm very new to all this.

I contacted my insurers and they informed me that I wouldn't have to pay the excess on a third party claim (phew) so i've gone ahead with that. I knew I would have to inform future insurers of the accident but was just really trying to avoid the claim as it would reduce my insurance by at least a couple of hundred pounds (although I understand that having an accident on my record would alter this).

Bonnielass I was actually very fortunate with the bike, it appears to be mainly cosmetic damage. The headlamp bracket is a little skewed but the rest is just fairing work. Dad's on ebay as we speak ;D

2. Re: Post-Crash Legal Advice 
    Glad to know you walked away from this experience and that "Dad's" efforts are amusing!
    Perhaps you should also take some time out and think why you ended up parking your motorcycle in the back of a works van?
    Negligence springs to mind as well as inexperience.
    I am not trying to take the moral highground here; but the bottom line is you screwed up. Yes you have walked away from the incident and can have a laugh about it now. But the reality is that you need to address the facts behind your riding into the back of somebody else's vehicle.

3. Re: Post-Crash Legal Advice 
    Platinum Member
    The important thing is that you are ok.
    It's annoying to pay more on insurance but it's minor in the scheme of things.

I'm sure you've already beaten yourself up about it.
    We all make mistakes, but it's a good idea to reflect on what you could do differently.

4. Re: Post-Crash Legal Advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by RachaelEllen
    Dad's on ebay as we speak ;D
    Thats what good Dads are for ;D ;D

We've all done something daft (that's the Royal 'we' by the way) ;D ;D

I know I did a few daft things when I started and had a couple of incidents which taught me way more than someone could have lectured me about. Oh gawd...sounding very old now :-[

5. Re: Post-Crash Legal Advice 
    I don't recall anyone asking for advice on their riding...

6. Re: Post-Crash Legal Advice 
    Platinum Member
    .........and no riding advice has been offered

7. Re: Post-Crash Legal Advice 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackandchrome
    Glad to know you walked away from this experience and that "Dad's" efforts are amusing!
    Perhaps you should also take some time out and think why you ended up parking your motorcycle in the back of a works van?
    I am not trying to take the moral highground here; but the bottom line is you screwed up. Yes you have walked away from the incident and can have a laugh about it now. But the reality is that you need to address the facts behind your riding into the back of somebody else's vehicle.
    Diplomacy not exactly your strong point is it?

If you read the initial post, she admitted it was her fault and this thread is about dealing with the aftermath of the insurance side of things. Blame has already been proportioned so why beat her up about it? I'm sure lessons have been learnt and filed away for future reference which is how it is for all of us. No one has exclusion rights from making errors, its the learning from them that's important.

8. Re: Post-Crash Legal Advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    .........and no riding advice has been offered
    Touche

9. Re: Post-Crash Legal Advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackandchrome
    I think laughing about it is the last thing on Rachael's mind right now - and it's a bit insulting to her to suggest she finds it the least bit funny....
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

10. Re: Post-Crash Legal Advice 
    Platinum Member
    Shall we stop now? - pretty please

I think all comments were intended in good faith because we care about about a fellow biker even if some came across a little undiplomatic.

I'm sure this isn't what she'd want.