Notices

Thread: Daytona Lady Star Boots -love to hear your reviews

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Daytona Lady Star Boots -love to hear your reviews 
    I've seen these on the web & thinking of getting a pair. Being vertically challenged I'm mindful that extra inch may help me esp waiting in traffic etc.

Not found anywhere local to try them on for size & looks as though best way to get them a bit cheaper is either ordering from Germany or keeping a look out on flea - bay.

Just wondering if any one owns a pair of these & can give me an ideal whether to go with normal shoe size or do they come in smaller or larger - hope you get what I mean???? :-/

Like I said love to hear your thoughts on em...............Thanx for your time

2. Re: Daytona Lady Star Boots -love to hear your reviews 
    I think Star does, and a few others on here!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: Daytona Lady Star Boots -love to hear your reviews 
    I just bought a pair on fleabay as I'm struggling to get all the mm I can at the mo (oi oi!) :-? I'm told they come up big so am getting mine in a size smaller than I am (I'm usually a 5 and bought a 4) I'm 5ft 4 with a 29 inch leg and am struggling to get both my feet on the floor on anything.
    I'll let you know how they are in a few days when the postie brings them ;D
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

4. Re: Daytona Lady Star Boots -love to hear your reviews 
    Di, I wear Ladystars (Thanks to Star for finding them on ebay [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ) They are brilliant, mine are a 37(size4) and I'm a size 4 and the fit me perfectly.
    The woman I bought them from was a size 5 and she said they fitted her ok too.
    It's Lilac... not pink!

5. Re: Daytona Lady Star Boots -love to hear your reviews 
    Thanks, really appreciate your help on this one
    Di

6. Re: Daytona Lady Star Boots -love to hear your reviews 
    Platinum Member
    I have two pairs (one for road, one for track) and I love them so much. If it wasn't for my boots I certainly wouldn't be riding the Street Triple as it just gives me that bit of confidence having that bit more height and also good piece of mind knowing they are a top quality boot. I have worn mine in torrential rain too and they survived to tell the tale

I wouldn't change them for the world. I have done quite a few long journeys with them and my feet never ache or hurt. They are expensive but its for a reason. Keep an eye out on ebay - there are a lot of lady bikers/pillions who sadly only wear them once or twice and then don't carry on with biking/pillioning (is there such a word?!?)....their loss, your gain!!!

A pair of thick socks should sort you out if they are a little bit big - and if you find them much too big, they should be quite easy to sell on again

Bloody brilliant boots. 10/10 !

7. Re: Daytona Lady Star Boots -love to hear your reviews 
    Thanks Star, appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts....................sounds a fab investment not only to gain an inch but for safety too! Be a bonus too if I manage to pick up some previously loved ones off flea bay.

Great to know they resell well if thick socks don't do the trick!

Cheers
    Di

8. Re: Daytona Lady Star Boots -love to hear your reviews 
    Platinum Member
    My feet tend to freeze for 10 months of the year anyway so its thick socks most of the time for me! (tip - try Heat Holders - they are the best thermal socks I have ever worn!) You can get them from Sports Direct or online pretty cheaply. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ladies-SockS.../dp/B002RSII84

What size are you after? I managed to find some for Charley X and for Jacde (I have an eye for a bargain and like to help where I can!)

It's money well spent for an extra inch or so ha ha

9. Re: Daytona Lady Star Boots -love to hear your reviews 
    Platinum Member
    ooh - and re: the socks, its easier to pop into Sports Direct in Swindon and buy them there - I buy the extra long ones

10. Re: Daytona Lady Star Boots -love to hear your reviews 
    Hey socks look great, thanks for the tip & easiest place to find em.

Wow! Thank you for your offer to help..............I'm a 4 1/2 so looking for a 5.

Yep us ladies enjoy an extra inch & extra long ones