Notices

Thread: Cal Crutchlow

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Cal Crutchlow 
    I too had some money on Cal, I think it was worth the gamble, especially seein as I covered the bet with Stoner, which I collected today. ****e odds but I ended up not out of pocket on Cal.
    Unfortunately on this site Goz there are a lot of bullies, don't worry, they are all harmless. Dont let them put you off the site, there's many a pricks in every bunch of roses. ;D ;D ;D
    Cal is doing well, definitely gonna be a front runner the rest of the season me thinks. (unfortunately the odds on him will fall at the bookies tho)

2. Re: Cal Crutchlow 
    Quote Originally Posted by goz1960
    Here we go then I have been watching bike racing in one form or another since the mid 70s yes I know this makes me old ;D I travel and watch around 4 British super bike rounds plus the World super-bikes and moto gp rounds in this country. For several years we have not had a rider in moto gp that has ridden as well as Cal has in the last 2 rounds of moto gp. This is a massive plus and you watch the crowd swell at this years round in this country (Silverstone). This together with the brits in world super bike and the standard of the riders in this years British super bikes makes for some exiting watching and is making my hairs stand on end.
    Now this is something we can get our teeth into! The standard of racing in the uk is poor compared to the rest of Europe. Even riders with immense talent are forced to hang up their leathers due to lack of support.
    Hopefully you're right and Cal will do well this season and give the British racing scene the boost it clearly needs.

3. Re: Cal Crutchlow 
    He did well, but he's an arrogant little ****. Should fit in nicely with the Casey Stoner crowd. People forget Jeremy McWilliams, but he was probably the best rider from recent years, in my opinion.
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

4. Re: Cal Crutchlow 
    Should fit in well with a few characters on this site too!

5. Re: Cal Crutchlow 
    Diamond Member
    Lets not forget other GBR racers in the Moto 3 Danny Kent had a miserable weekend. On the + Moto 2 Great ride by Scott Redding to get 4th

6. Re: Cal Crutchlow 
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackandchrome
    Should fit in well with a few characters on this site too!

;D ;D ;D ;D

7. Re: Cal Crutchlow 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=goz1960 link=1335786654/9#9 date=1335810118]Here we go then I have been watching bike racing in one form or another since the mid 70s yes I know this makes me old ;D I travel and watch around 4 British super bike rounds plus the World super-bikes and moto gp rounds in this country. For several years we have not had a rider in moto gp that has ridden as well as Cal has in the last 2 rounds of moto gp. This is a massive plus and you watch the crowd swell at this years round in this country (Silverstone). This together with the brits in world super bike and the standard of the riders in this years British super bikes makes for some exiting watching and is making my hairs stand on end.
    Now this is something we can get our teeth into! The standard of racing in the uk is poor compared to the rest of Europe. Even riders with immense talent are forced to hang up their leathers due to lack of support.
    Hopefully you're right and Cal will do well this season and give the British racing scene the boost it clearly needs.[/quote]

How can you say that we have (in WSB)

Tom Sykes
    Leon Haslam
    Jonathan Ray
    Leon Camier
    and stretching it
    Eugene Laverty

And I cant help it I totally love British Super-bikes

8. Re: Cal Crutchlow 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Merely copying and pasting the results sheet with no actual wording from the poster themselves simply results in a heap on un-formatted data. Far better to post a link to the results on Bikesport News or wherever it was found and write a bit about what you thought of his achievements.

Top Tip for Posting: Consider your audience and what they might like to read, what they'd find interesting and informative, and present it in an attractive manner. Look at your original post in an objective manner - in reality it's very poor isn't it? :-?
    Scotty, Have you been listening to Simon Cowell on BGT? ;D

9. Re: Cal Crutchlow 
    Cowell? Taught him everything he knows...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

10. Re: Cal Crutchlow 
    I didn't there weren't any British riders, I said they weren't supported like they are on the continent.
    I buy Victor Cox's old tyres to help him pay his £20,000 a year tyre bill. He's a sponsored superstock rider yet still works as a painter and decorator to enable him to keep racing.
    Gone are the days where WSB was a stepping stone to MOTO GP. They're getting 'kids' from the smaller GP class that've been riding fully race prepared bikes since they could walk.

How often do you open the paper and read about anything bike related in the sports section and where is the coverage for Moto 2 and GP on tv these days? Sky or the Red button.