Notices

Thread: Phoenix Motorcycles-Excellent service

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Phoenix Motorcycles-Excellent service 
    A drinking acquaintance works there ;D...jolly nice chap
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

2. Re: Phoenix Motorcycles-Excellent service 
    I really disliked George Whites in Swindon (and I had bought a brand new FZ1 and various bits of kit in there several times over the years. Others thought they were the greatest thing since sliced bread. Fowlers in Bristol - I have an invisibility cloak there that only works for me, to the extent that one time the salesman let me out on a test ride and when I came back virtually ignored me while he tried to sell the bike to the male friend who had simply given me a lift down there and sat next to me!

Everyone has different experiences in every shop they go in be it Tesco or Harrods. I'm surprised you feel like that about Phoenix Taliesen, as I feel they are a genuine bunch in there and they have been extremely helpful and informative over the years despite me only really ever buying the odd part. 8-)

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: Phoenix Motorcycles-Excellent service 
    Quote Originally Posted by taliesin
    went to phoenix once,i think i must of been invisable,they werent no help what so ever,seems to be like this unless you want to buy a brand new bike from them,said to my self at time,never to use them again,i have many biker mates who feel the same and will not go there again,
    Never had that I must say. They are not "pushy" and will let you browse but I've found that if you ask, they are very helpful.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: Phoenix Motorcycles-Excellent service 
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbonnie
    Everyone has different experiences in every shop they go in be it Tesco or Harrods....
    I agree very true.

The trouble is it only takes one bad experience to have such a negative effect - somebody having a off-day, feeling grumpy etc.

I'm quite local to Phoenix and have been in there a few times and have found the service OK - not fantastic not terrible. I've sometimes felt a bit in the way to be honest.

My OH wont go in there now at all for much the same reason as Talisen. He had some problems on an old off road bike he had which he couldnt fix and they were actually very rude and dismissive - they gave him the impression they didnt work on old bikes. The daft thing was he was also in the market for a brand new bike at the same time, wanted to buy local, but ended up going to George Whites so they lost the sale of a brand new bike and a local customer.

5. Re: Phoenix Motorcycles-Excellent service 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbonnie
    Everyone has different experiences in every shop they go in be it Tesco or Harrods.
    BB
    I cannot agree more, when I had a problem with the R6 recently Tesco gave me the impression that they just couldn't be bothered, and when I pressed the matter they became very rude indeed, although that may have been the oil in the Bacon & Poultry isle !

Plus, they have lost a valuable customer as I now get my Red Bull & Snickers from the Co-Op, even though it's 37p more expensive >

Next time when I have a bike problem it's no messing and bugger the expense, it's Harrods for me

G