Notices

Thread: Need to vent, clipped by car!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticia
    [quote author=porkies link=1331240714/3#3 date=1331242131]
    Like Jac, I'd dropped it, defo[/quote]

You never know unless it happens, doubt you would drop it, our self preservation comes thru

I know not my fault but still feel bit twitchy bout the bike, hopefully sunday will help. Might try to go out tomorrow if can get confidence up
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

2. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Just remember that bit of road you're on is YOURS! Sometimes you do get some idiots who try it on, but keep your eyes open and confidence up and they'll pick up on your attitude.

And if they don't, give the car a thump to remind them you're there ;D
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

3. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Its natural to feel shaken up.... but you did well... so don;t dwell on it. Get out and ride!

4. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    There are plenty out there.... :P

Keep to the middle of the lane.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

5. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Did you manage to get out on the ride yesterday Dan?
    If you didn't I am more than happy to come over to Swindon and ride over on Wednesday if you want. Forget the tosser in the car, just remember next time that they wont be so impressed when they are missing a wing mirror!
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

6. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooj
    Read up on defensive riding techniques and try not to leave a gap like that again (difficult I know). A lot of pricks in cars hate us filtering past them, and some will try and do it back in their cars to 'show us' (show us what, that they're a pathetic dick?).

Also look into mounting a camera permanently to your bike and record all your trips, then if it happens again you'll have footage of it to give to the Police. Much as hate the fact we're now expected to do the Police's job for them, I think this is the way forward regarding dangerous driving and insurance claims. The more over crowded our roads get, the more like a battle zone they will become.
    Sorry, nacked me off the comment regarding the Police.

How are the Police actually supposed to be watching all the roads at every single area at once? Get the number plate of the car if you are involved in any kind of incident and give a witness statement. Their job is to try prevent crime and things like this. But if you have a suggestion as to how this could have been prevented be my guest and let me know!
    > :'(

7. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Was too shocked to think to get the licence plate but trust not a mistake i will repeat, my bike, my bit of road, you have been warned....

Yes thanks dipple, was great, shall be out wednesday too

8. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    can't believe same thing happened today FFS! in the same place as well, van squidged in between me and a lorry, lesson learnt from last time and he knew he was in the wrong this time, can't believe how some people drive!!!! > >

9. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Hope you are o/k dan

10. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Platinum Member
    Much as hate the fact we're now expected to do the Police's job for them, I think this is the way forward regarding dangerous driving and insurance claims.
    The police (or rather CPS) cannot possibly be expected to prosecute cases where it's one persons word against anothers.

Did you get the reg number? (I understand you would be shocked and concentrating on keeping upright etc.).

I do go along with the recommendation for a camera though. It them ceases to be one persons word against another.