Notices

Thread: Need to vent, clipped by car!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Diamond Member
    Yeah we're all toe rags ;D ;D

I guess Volvo drivers are OK now then because they used to be the countries most hated (as voted by the 2 wheel community). Hmmm, my way it tends to be the Corsa, Micra, Focus brigade .... must be the area in which I live ;D

Luckily I have not had the problem with a car trying to filter past me but then I stick myself in a position so they can't

2. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    An Audi driver clipped Cat in Trowvegas a couple of weeks ago while he was reversing out of his drive. Had the cheek to try to claim a scratch on Cats insurance! (her insurance company told him where to go though) I really believe that Audi drivers have replaced BMW drivers as the reall arseholes on the road now.

3. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    Yeah we're all toe rags ;D ;D

I guess Volvo drivers are OK now then because they used to be the countries most hated (as voted by the 2 wheel community). Hmmm, my way it tends to be the Corsa, Micra, Focus brigade .... must be the area in which I live ;D

Luckily I have not had the problem with a car trying to filter past me but then I stick myself in a position so they can't
    The only vehicles that try to 'race' me are 1.1L Citroen Saxos driven by a lad in a cap....always in a cap. ooh they're sooo fast

4. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    Was out for a little bimble and stopped at a three lane roundabout for traffic lights, i was in the middle of the middle lane minding my own business, when a BMW estate tried to squeeze between the car in the first lane and me! the result is the wan#&r couldn't fit and decided instead to clip me in the process! i didn't drop the bike which i'm proud of but when i shouted at him he jumped the lights and left! i was too much in shock to get the licence plate or think about following but can't believe their are still idiots like this on the roads today....
    Dont suppose their was a camera covering the roundabout? Might just be worth asking the police and mentioning it too them if they can be bothered that is. :

Scary isnt it that a fellow human being can be in such a rush that they'd try to force through a tiny gap just to get in front

Not sure their is much you could have done sat in the middle of the middle lane.

5. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    I find that a well aimed kick usually attracts attention... those panels can be oh so expensive to replace. Tut, tut. 8-)

6. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Banned
    Audi, BMW, Volvo is there a difference??? :-/

7. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Diamond Member
    Well done staying upright. Assume all drivers are out to get you. Stay sharp...!

8. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooj
    Read up on defensive riding techniques and try not to leave a gap like that again (difficult I know).
    What! sitting in the middle of the lane is the best place i thought? equal distance from each asshole, driver would never try to squeeze/scrape against another car so why do it to a bike?

was going to use the bike today but this put me off to be truthful, hopefully i'll pop out tomorrow
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

9. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Im sure your paths will cross again, then its advantage you, well done for holding the bike up.

10. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    thanks, honestly speaking my confidence has taken a knock but think i'll be alright just more annoyed than anything else, i've used that lane countless times and always in the same position but have no idea why anyone would try to wedge in a gap like that next to a bike!
    at least now i know that wing mirrors Vs squidgy man is not a contest i'll win

Remember IT WASN'T YOUR FAULT. I know it doesn't make it any easier, but you really have nothing to fret about. Other than car drivers...
    Like Jac, I'd dropped it, defo