Notices

Thread: Need to vent, clipped by car!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Was out for a little bimble and stopped at a three lane roundabout for traffic lights, i was in the middle of the middle lane minding my own business, when a BMW estate tried to squeeze between the car in the first lane and me! the result is the wan#&r couldn't fit and decided instead to clip me in the process! i didn't drop the bike which i'm proud of but when i shouted at him he jumped the lights and left! i was too much in shock to get the licence plate or think about following but can't believe their are still idiots like this on the roads today....
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

2. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    loads of em around. Keep your eyes peeled... >
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

3. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Well done for not dropping it, I most probably would have
    You've not to let any one 'bully' you on the roads, you have as much right to be there as they do but some drivers will try, so well done for standing your ground.
    It's Lilac... not pink!

4. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    thanks, honestly speaking my confidence has taken a knock but think i'll be alright just more annoyed than anything else, i've used that lane countless times and always in the same position but have no idea why anyone would try to wedge in a gap like that next to a bike!
    at least now i know that wing mirrors Vs squidgy man is not a contest i'll win
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

5. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Sorry to hear that mate - good news on not dropping it, but there are some utter lunatics around.

I was happen to nip to Morrisons in Bath once. Spotted some dizzy tart smack a car in the car park. Didnt think too much about it but then noticed her driving away - ran red lights and nearly caused all sorts of accidents as she sped away.

Why would you do that? Other than having no insurance that is? And why have no insurance? Madness. Crazy morons.

6. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    possibly bmw had no insurance......still doesnt excuse him from that moronic act.

ive been clipped similar and my confidence took a knock for a week or so.

you could do what my mate done when he got clipped.....followed the bloke and ripped him out the car @ the next lights.

but my m8 aint all there ;D and 6ft tall x 6ft wide ;D

7. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    This has nearly happened to me in Bristol aswell! It's a horrible feeling, especially when they deliberately don't look at you afterwards because they're embarrassed/completely ignorant. >

Glad you weren't hurt though

8. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Quote Originally Posted by lolliver
    This has nearly happened to me in Bristol aswell! It's a horrible feeling, especially when they deliberately don't look at you afterwards because they're embarrassed/completely ignorant. >

Glad you weren't hurt though
    ...Thats par for the course in Bristol mate :'(

9. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Diamond Member
    When will people understand that BMW drivers own the road. It's their god given right to go where they like, and do what they want.

Or at least they [offence disclaimer: almost all] drive like that's tue anyway.... : : :

10. Re: Need to vent, clipped by car! 
    Platinum Member
    Read up on defensive riding techniques and try not to leave a gap like that again (difficult I know). A lot of pricks in cars hate us filtering past them, and some will try and do it back in their cars to 'show us' (show us what, that they're a pathetic dick?).

Also look into mounting a camera permanently to your bike and record all your trips, then if it happens again you'll have footage of it to give to the Police. Much as hate the fact we're now expected to do the Police's job for them, I think this is the way forward regarding dangerous driving and insurance claims. The more over crowded our roads get, the more like a battle zone they will become.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation