Notices

Thread: MAG,s day of action.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. MAG,s day of action. 
    Sorry if it's already on here. Just pinched it from another site...
    MAG's National Committee has voted for another day of action to remind those MEPs who aren't bothering to engage, that Riders Are Voters and that politicians are elected to represent our will, and should not impose theirs upon us.

- There is no evidence to support plans to curtail modifications
    - We want to retain the right to modify our bikes
    - We want the right to choose ABS
    - And while not part of this Type Approval Regulation, the EU Parliament has written to the EU Commission to ask that they propose 'warning jackets' for all.
    - Again there is no definitive evidence for compulsory Hi-viz clothing, but there is plenty of evidence that teaching other road users to look can reduce casualties.
    - We want the right to choose what we wear, hi-viz or not.

Our day of action will be June 24th 2012 and I hope you'll join one of our rides. This time there will be 12 massive demos, one in each of the 12 EU Parliamentary constituencies.

Start time will be 13.00hours, just like September 25th was last year.

The actual start points are being finalised and we'll let you know as soon as they are, but the sheer size of the expected turnout means that we are in the process of securing suitable sites and are in discussion with Highways Authorities and Police forces.

Anyone know what is happening locally???????

2. Re: MAG,s day of action. 
    Banned
    I'll be there standing up for my rights and those of my fellow bikers again.

No excuses people we need to stand strong

3. Re: MAG,s day of action. 
    Platinum Member
    Definitely up for it. If it was introducing cures for genuine concerns by experienced bikers then fair enough, but legislation by politicians who haven't the first clue about riding a bike?? I don't think so!
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

4. Re: MAG,s day of action. 
    Will be there >

5. Re: MAG,s day of action. 
    This is only next month cant find any other information anywhere anyone else have any info on local starting point?.

6. Re: MAG,s day of action. 
    i agree with what they stand for but i got caught up in this on the motorway last time and just couldn't help thinking what arses they were for not letting anyone past for over 40 mins
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

7. Re: MAG,s day of action. 
    Banned
    Don't let that put you off standing up for your rights

8. Re: MAG,s day of action. 
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    i agree with what they stand for but i got caught up in this on the motorway last time and just couldn't help thinking what arses they were for not letting anyone past for over 40 mins
    Firstly if we let everyone pass there would have been no point in doing it as the majority of cars would have driven past without a second thought or glance.
    Secondly, i think in the majority of cases the police were at the front of the demo (they certainly were on the M4 ride to Bristol) to keep a constant 40 rolling road block so even if we were all in the inside lane the cars couldnt have gone anywhere.

I for one will be doing it again!

9. Re: MAG,s day of action. 
    I was in the M4 ride as well and MOST bikes were in the first 2 lanes. Crosbie is right. It was the traffic cars at the front that had the road "rolling" blocked. There was a police car in the 3rd lane stopping everyone passing. I was quite near the front and could plainly see that the Police were stopping the cars that had built up in the 3rd lane, getting any further. There were some pretty pissed off motorists in that 3rd lane as well. No doubt if i had been stuck there, i would be pretty narked as well. BUT, there had been plenty of warnings leading up to the event. I will do it again next time. and the time after, and the time after and the time after. TBH i am pretty pissed off at having to bend over and take it all the time. If you believe in something, stand up and say so.
    The trouble is in this country there is too much apathy. That's why we are paying stupid prices for fuel. >
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

10. Re: MAG,s day of action. 
    i was on the M1 and M5 and was caught up twice, i know it's prewarned and am not against it but maybe it should be a couple of junctions on the motorway and not for miles, when we did pass them pulled on the slip road i didn't see any plod (not to say they weren't there somewhere)
    nothing wrong with standing up for your beliefs Nelly and i'll never stand in the way of someone doing so
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....