Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
The problem I have with these protests is that my perception is that a lot of proposals people are protesting about aren't actually being proposed in the first place. People get all emotive about "personal rights" and don't bother to actually find out what they are protesting about. You then get the Chinese Whisper effect as the rumours get spread out across the country and suddenly we're complaining about things that are'nt being proposed.

I would have a lot more time to engage in a protest if I felt it was being organised as such and not as an emotional attack on our perceived historical right to do whatever we want. I believe the protests lose all of their power as soon as the opposition can prove that its not based on fact. If the biking community really wants to achieve something it needs to be clear and transparent about it, as the only way to succeed will be to win over the hearts and minds of those that are'nt bikers.
+1. Could not agree more. There needs to be clarity and facts surrounding this and not opinion.