Notices

Thread: Re-fueling

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Re: Re-fueling 
    Have never heard of that before. Mind you I don't sit on the bike whilst re-fuelling.

As to the helmet thing. It is annoying, but most places don't seem to care.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

2. Re: Re-fueling 
    One downside to sitting on the bike and filling the tank right up (if you've only got a side stand) is that fuel seeps out when you put the bike on the stand again if you havent used all of the fuel. My OH used to regularly do that filling up on his way home at a garage just around the corner. So maybe a good reason not to sit on the bike and fill it right up ;D ;D

Just sometimes I feel really sorry for people who work in fuel stations - they have a job to do.

3. Re: Re-fueling 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki

Just sometimes I feel really sorry for people who work in fuel stations - they have a job to do.
    Everybody has a job to do, it's how you do it that counts.

Obviously nobody is going to start a thread saying ' I refueled and the attendant was friendly and nice'
    It's just a shame that some people seize any opportunity to exert what little authority they have.
    If you tried to pin them down to an exact reason why you shouldn't do it I think they'd struggle.

It's a bit like the BS about using mobile phones in a petrol station.

I've refused to take my helmet off after being ordered to. If they want me to leave, fine. Free fuel for me ;D

4. Re: Re-fueling 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    Obviously nobody is going to start a thread saying ' I refueled and the attendant was friendly and nice'
    Why not!? ;D

So many of us are so quick to moan and whinge, and yes I can be one of them, but just sometimes trying to be cheerful and decent to people does no harm.

Why get so uptight about the simple act of hoping off the bike to re-fuel? Is it really such a big deal?

I imagine for many people working in a petrol station they have one hell of a lot of miserable gits to put up.

By the way I dont work in a petrol station ;D

5. Re: Re-fueling 
    [quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1337021005/32#32 date=1337073377]
    Why not!? ;D

So many of us are so quick to moan and whinge, and yes I can be one of them, but just sometimes trying to be cheerful and decent to people does no harm.

Why get so uptight about the simple act of hoping off the bike to re-fuel? Is it really such a big deal?

[/quote]

+1. Life is too short. Lets live a positive one!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Re-fueling 
    [quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1337021005/32#32 date=1337073377]
    Why not!? ;D

[/quote]
    Go on then.......

7. Re: Re-fueling 
    It's a bit like the BS about using mobile phones in a petrol station.

I've refused to take my helmet off after being ordered to. If they want me to leave, fine. Free fuel for me ;D
    The mobile phone thing is related to the older style mobiles that had slide on batteries. As most modern phones now have enclosed batteries it is no longer an issue. There were 2 cases in Australia and one in America where the individual droppped the phone and the spark ignited the fumes.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

8. Re: Re-fueling 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=Nikki link=1337021005/33#33 date=1337076516][quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1337021005/32#32 date=1337073377]
    Why not!? ;D

[/quote]
    Go on then.......[/quote]

Done ;D ;D

People are going to think I've gone mad now ;D

9. Re: Re-fueling 
    i believe the removal of your helmet is only required when you go into pay, so that you can be identified on cctv, rather than walking in wearing a helmet and sticking a gun at the cashiers head and shouting "empty the till" as some armed robbers do before running off with the days takings.

As to being asked to get off the bike whilst refuelling i can't see the problem - you have to get off when you go into pay (after removing your lid) for the fuel and as said by a few others - if you brim the tank right up it will leak as you put it on sidestand whilst paying

Why not, as a biker, be nice to the cashiers and save them the hassle of asking you to remove your lid - they might serve you with the respect you have shown them

just my 2 cents worth

10. Re: Re-fueling 
    I have no issue with people who are polite, however I choose not to use stations where I am ordered to do anything.
    Vote with your wheels, if you don't like a particular station then use another. If you feel strongly enough then write to the company and ask what they are basing their prejudices on (and it IS prejudice). The spotty youth behind the till is only doing his/her job, that they could be more polite is their only fault.

Stu 8-)
    Anyone fancy a pint?