Notices

Thread: Re-fueling

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Re-fueling 
    There is a garage in hanham (shell) that only accepts pre payment from bikes > needless to say i wouldnt fill up there on principal, sainsburys emersons, no problems sat on and never had to remove the lid

2. Re: Re-fueling 
    Diamond Member
    I forgot to mention that removal of the lid may have something to do with security. Identification in the event of a robbery perhaps?

Not saying I agree, just a suggestion.

3. Re: Re-fueling 
    Quote Originally Posted by wesrrw
    There is a garage in hanham (shell) that only accepts pre payment from bikes > needless to say i wouldnt fill up there on principal, sainsburys emersons, no problems sat on and never had to remove the lid
    That, right there, just annoys me! Why should we have to pre pay? what differ's us from going their and filling up in our car to our bike? NOTHING. They just think a helmet, loud pipe and leathers just make us 'horrible people' that everyone should 'stay away from and deter'
    '12 NC700X

4. Re: Re-fueling 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    I forgot to mention that removal of the lid may have something to do with security. Identification in the event of a robbery perhaps?

Yeah I'd completely agree on that front but as NiteW4tcher quite rightly said, what about people with Burkha's? you can't ID them at all, for what we know some may even be men posing as females?
    '12 NC700X

5. Re: Re-fueling 
    Diamond Member
    I sit on mine while refueling simply because if its on the centrestand I can only get it off from the side of the bike as its so tall. With 35 litres of fuel it makes for a top heavy bike and a bit of a handleful. I wonder how much damage it would do to the fuel rig if I couldn't hold it and it went over..........

I got asked at the Tesco petrol station down on the camping trip last year to remove my helmet....after I had refueled. I said my card only works when my helmet is being worn.....they took payment.

I was in Tesco petrol station in Andover a couple of years ago queing to pay. The cashier asked me to take my helmet off as I was intimidating....can't see what's intimidating about being 6'3", wearing black biker gear and a helmet with a dark internal sun visor ;D ;D.

6. Re: Re-fueling 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Advrider
    [quote author=monday21 link=1337021005/21#21 date=1337027340]I forgot to mention that removal of the lid may have something to do with security. Identification in the event of a robbery perhaps?

Yeah I'd completely agree on that front but as NiteW4tcher quite rightly said, what about people with Burkha's? you can't ID them at all, for what we know some may even be men posing as females? [/quote]

I'd stand corrected, but I think I am right in saying that any reatail outlet reserves the right to refuse to serve anyone. A request to remove a burkha would probably result in cries of Racism.

7. Re: Re-fueling 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Since then I just use the Pay at Pump option, no hassle then 8-)
    I have once had the pump held back from being activated when using pay at pump until I took my lid off, didn't press for the reason why, but I fail to guess.

8. Re: Re-fueling 
    I re-fuelled twice yesterday and didnt remove my helmet.....was I meant to ??

And pay before I buy ?? Considering I do not possess a credit/debit card I wonder how that would happen hehe

As for sitting on the bike to fill up....Ive got no chance hehe....I have enough trouble seeing into the hole when standing on tip toe lmao ;D ;D

Must admit I never do take my lid off !! But if I was asked to remove it I will ensure I take my time kitting up properly before leaving the pump. And thats that !!

9. Re: Re-fueling 
    Whilst waiting at Chiseldon garage yesterday before the rideout one guy was asked to remove his helmet when he had a flip lid and it was already open!

why should we prepay, sounds ridiculous
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

10. Re: Re-fueling 
    Diamond Member
    I had the same thing happen to at Tesco Trowbridge, used the "pay at the pump" followed the instructions lifted the nozzle & they switched the pump off. Then the attendant came out & advised me. Due to "health & safety" I had to get off the bike.

Our H&S officer has said to me & I quote
    "when a person advises an other that it's against H&S, the advisor must be able to provide evidence that it is actually against their H&S policy" unquote. In other words prove it. Or we can ask to see their H&S manual.

You can't quote H&S without backing it up