Notices

Thread: Re-fueling

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Re-fueling 
    I've been asked several time at various places to A) Get off & B) take the lid off.
    Mind you it was a bit much to have the ESSO at the top of the Dual Carriageway in Chippenham to ask my pillion to take off her helmet as well!!!! >

If it is health and safety to get off the bike, why aren't the wife and kids told to get out the car when filling the family car? Surely it would be more difficult to get out of a car in the all too often seen ensuing fireball than throw yourself of your bike??? :-?
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

2. Re: Re-fueling 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=Mitch9128 link=1337021005/5#5 date=1337022717]Fill it on the stand, then top it up upright, bet there is less than a litre in it. I sit on the bike to fill up, and i never take off my helmet to pay, but i'm mad me.
    It's true, i've seen him running across the forecourt with scissors too![/quote]

Snot true really, truth is, i am too feckin' lazy to stand around while filling the tank and would rather sit down.

3. Re: Re-fueling 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellybambam
    I've been asked several time at various places to A) Get off & B) take the lid off.
    Mind you it was a bit much to have the ESSO at the top of the Dual Carriageway in Chippenham to ask my pillion to take off her helmet as well!!!! >

If it is health and safety to get off the bike, why aren't the wife and kids told to get out the car when filling the family car? Surely it would be more difficult to get out of a car in the all too often seen ensuing fireball than throw yourself of your bike??? :-?
    No consistency is there, i have filled up there loads, sat on bike, helmet on, looking really cool, and never had a word said.

4. Re: Re-fueling 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellybambam

Good point Neil.

Discrimination me thinks? Our human rights............... :-X ;D

5. Re: Re-fueling 
    Banned
    It was the garage on Bythesea Rd trogtown that told me off for sitting on the bike.
    I got off then when she started the pump I got back on

And I can't be bothered to take off my helmet just to put fuel in.

Customer service?
    Whatever happened to pump attendants that fill up your bike for you???
    I remember in the Castle street garage they even used to put two stroke oil in for you 8-)

6. Re: Re-fueling 
    I'd be interested to know the extra range gained from filling the bike upright to on the side stand... :

My worst experience was being asked to pre-pay at a service station in Cardiff, due to the number of drive-offs. I was on a bike with 'CSM Rider Training' splashed all over the panniers. I did also point out that if I was to drive off, I'd only get away with about £10 of fuel, compared to the average car. Plonkers. >
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

7. Re: Re-fueling 
    The next time that some jobsworth in a filling station quotes "Health and Safety" at you regarding sitting on your bike, just say "Show me", get them to show you the H&S rule book that prohibits it.
    Recently at the Chiseldon station I was asked to remove my lid before they'd activate the pump > when I enquired after the reason, seeing as the CCTV cameras would have clocked my number I was told "it's to ensure that you're old enough to be on the bike" FFS! I'm fortunate not to look my age, but I think I'd struggle to pass for 16! How many teenagers joyriding on a stolen superbikes stop to fill it up I wonder? :-? Since then I just use the Pay at Pump option, no hassle then 8-)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

8. Re: Re-fueling 
    im going to wear a burkha under my lid....next time i get asked to take my lid off they still wot be able to see my face but cannot ask me to remove the burkha HA ;D

as for staying on bike PPPFFTTTT!!! more and more regulations

9. Re: Re-fueling 
    Wow - I've only been gone studying for an hour and I come back to two pages of comments, shows it is a fairly hot topic along with the removal of your lid - which to me is pathetic but I always do it just to save the bother.

NELLY - I think you're right, it's ridiculous that your pillion required their helmet to be removed, rude and inconsiderate in my honest opinion and why do they need to see you both if the MAIN rider already has removed theirs for identification?

I also completely agree on your comment regarding the fueling of a family car, we all know that they (a) hold more fuel and (b) more likely to impact horrifically if it exploded if in contact with some potential source of ignition which would cause an effect unbearable to think about (however I have never heard of such an instance - someone enlighten me if you have!)

MITCH - I'd hate to be the till operator at a service station that for once ask's you to remove your lid... I'd keep it on and walk in with your visor closed and an iridium or black lid - scare the mongrels, and pass the attendant some clean underwear!

REDKEN1 - Overall I think it is slight discrimination as per Nelly's points, I feel generally as most of you do I'm sure feel slightly discriminated against daily for riding a two wheeled machine...

MARK - Fair point by the garage, a drive off is a drive off but you are certainly right about the value, simply ridiculous. I had a friend that drove off once (her friend forgot to pay as the story goes) anyway after handing the details over to the police, they then arrived at her house demanding the £5.00 of fuel she 'Stole' - what a waste of tax payers money (I won't get people started on government expenditure - hot topic)

I'm sticking with Scotty now - I'll pay at the pump, unless I fill up at Tesco's extra,Octal Way - they all know me, mostly so it's always a speedy fill up, unless the que is at the roundabout - regular occurrence recently! 8-)
    '12 NC700X

10. Re: Re-fueling 
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteW4tcher
    im going to wear a burkha under my lid....next time i get asked to take my lid off they still wot be able to see my face but cannot ask me to remove the burkha HA ;D

as for staying on bike PPPFFTTTT!!! more and more regulations
    Laughing smugly in my chair - ideas pass through my head.
    '12 NC700X