Notices

Thread: Re-fueling

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Re: Re-fueling 
    Reading this thread with some joy but I'm sure the main reason why they don't like you sitting on your bike while filling it up with petrol is exactly the reason Scotty said. The danger is slipping and falling over with a open petrol cap and possible nozzle pumping fuel if the trigger gets caught open. Makes perfect sense to me. I use the centre stand when filling. simples. (Why they don't fit centre stands to many bikes nowadays seems just silly but that's another topic?)

Has for removing your helmet because of security,,, surely it will only be a problem after you pull a gun instead of a debit card??? I never take mine off and if I get asked to I'll use Snowy's get out of the card only works with the helmet on. If it's good enough for Muslims it's good enough for me. ;D ;D
    Been riding longer than I can remember....But still enjoying it.

2. Re: Re-fueling 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    [quote author=Mitch9128 link=1337021005/48#48 date=1337168640]Pah, next you'll be saying I should put my cigarette out while sat on the bike, refuelling it!!

and to stop taking on your mobile phone....[/quote]

LOL, i was in Trowvegas a few months back, had reserved something in Argos, so i stopped in the petrol station opposite whilst the missus ran over to collect. After a minute the yoof came out from the till, "you can't park here mate", "i'll be filling up in a sec", "oh ok, can you hang up your mobile though", (i'm at least 20 feet from the pumps), "Err why", "it could cause a fire", "err how, i'm miles from the pump", "radiation innit", cue me laughing my bollocks off, and him storming off shouting "oh just do what you want".

Mobiles at the pumps being dangerous is an urban myth.

3. Re: Re-fueling 
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee4_Gaz
    (Why they don't fit centre stands to many bikes nowadays seems just silly but that's another topic?)
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

4. Re: Re-fueling 
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha......ha!

5. Re: Re-fueling 
    I always find a Bacofoil helmet keeps the radiation at bay

6. Re: Re-fueling 
    Scotty; as you are a fan of the pedantic, why not document your evidence for the diesel slip while fuelling then dieing during a fireball? Only it's utter boolox like that that gives the H & S nazis a leg to stand on, or slip on.....
    Stu
    Anyone fancy a pint?

7. Re: Re-fueling 
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee4_Gaz
    (Why they don't fit centre stands to many bikes nowadays seems just silly but that's another topic?)
    Good point. Is far easier to re-fuel, maintain, clean, inspect a bike with a mainstand.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

8. Re: Re-fueling 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    [quote author=Vee4_Gaz link=1337021005/50#50 date=1337169631] (Why they don't fit centre stands to many bikes nowadays seems just silly but that's another topic?)
    Good point. Is far easier to re-fuel, maintain, clean, inspect a bike with a mainstand.[/quote]

Always fill the bike on the centre stand and having one is a real bonus when lubricating the chain.