Notices

Thread: Re-fueling

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Re-fueling 
    Well...

Filled up at Calcutt Service Station which is located North-bound on the A419 between Swindon and Cricklade... I've filled up there a lot generally as it's on the way to work but not any longer!

I pulled up at the pump, took off my helmet and stuck it on the wing mirror like I usually do, placed my tank bag on the side of the pump as the plating is magnetic (people always give me funny looks for that) then popped off the fuel cap and lifted the nozzle into the tank and waited for the pump to be authorised... and waited...

Until over the PA system I was told I am NOT allowed to sit on the bike while refueling due to Health and Safety...

I only have a small tank (14L inc. 2L reserve) so like to fill it to the brim to get the most possible miles out of it... I can't see how they then watched me hold my bike up with one hand while I filled up with the other - very unsafe!

Anyway they said it's law... I couldn't find anything on it! The service till person said its been in force for three weeks... just bulldust tbh!

Has anyone had this happen to them?

'12 NC700X

2. Re: Re-fueling 
    Banned
    Yea I've had the same.
    Arseholes

3. Re: Re-fueling 
    Splash.... tbh I think a lot of Services are now enforcing this policy like with the removal of your crash Helmet which does pee me off > >
    Guess if you'r having a bad day and thats stray spark ignites your tank you don't want to be sat on it .......
    Health and Safety ????

4. Re: Re-fueling 
    Diamond Member
    Where possible I like to use the self service pumps that you use your card in - seems to bypass the cashier whatever their "rules and regulations". I find it hard to believe there is any actual law to enforce this, but its their right to set them up as they see fit.

5. Re: Re-fueling 
    Had the same in Luddgershall, merco? the one that sells red diesel,
    Anyway will not use them again and go else-where.

6. Re: Re-fueling 
    Platinum Member
    Fill it on the stand, then top it up upright, bet there is less than a litre in it. I sit on the bike to fill up, and i never take off my helmet to pay, but i'm mad me.

7. Re: Re-fueling 
    It isn't against any LAW that I know of, merely company guidelines/rules.
    Happy to be proven wrong on this.
    I have no problems wearing my lid and fuelling on the bike here in tolerant Bassett

Stu
    Anyone fancy a pint?

8. Re: Re-fueling 
    :-? 9/10 I usually sit on bike--Sainsbury in Nam don't have a prob-- ;D they even know me with helmet on. Not had a prob anywhere tbh
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

9. Re: Re-fueling 
    Diamond Member
    Ye I don't really understand this rule. I'm ok because I have a centre stand, but as most bikes nowadays only have a sidestand fitted it must be difficult to fill the tank to the top. Obviously with small capacity tanks this must be an issue.

Sometimes I think we are not customers - aliens maybe?

10. Re: Re-fueling 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    Fill it on the stand, then top it up upright, bet there is less than a litre in it. I sit on the bike to fill up, and i never take off my helmet to pay, but i'm mad me.
    It's true, i've seen him running across the forecourt with scissors too!