Notices

Thread: Re-fueling

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Re: Re-fueling 
    Never ever sat on the bike when refuelling.
    Wherever possible I use "Pay at Pump"
    If I have to pay in the shop I remove my open face helmet. :-?
    Never had any hassle or verbal from cashiers, only politeness and friendly chats about my amazing black and chrome beastie
    Interesting topic and a few entertaining comments too ;D

2. Re: Re-fueling 
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackandchrome
    Wherever possible I use "Pay at Pump"
    +1. Same here....
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

3. Re: Re-fueling 
    Diamond Member
    Same, pay at pump where possible. However, I have not had to remove lid when paying at the kiosk. Yet...! If you have filled up with your lid on & approach the counter with your lid on & offer to pay then they are oblidged to take it.

4. Re: Re-fueling 
    I think everyone will have had problems in the past. Use the pay at pump method, Cant really go wrong.

Cant understand the logic behind not sitting on the bike when fueling, if its gonna go boom then it doesnt matter if your a foot closer to the tank

5. Re: Re-fueling 
    Personally I think that sitting on the bike whilst filling up is plain daft. Compared with on the side stand you can only get a fraction more into the tank, most of which will piss out of the breather when you put it on the side stand to go and pay anyway, and one slip with the nozzle and you'll end up with a lap full of petrol, and the biggest no-no is the possibility of diesel on the ground beside the pump - it's often there and if you're sitting on the bike you probably won't have seen it... One slip of the foot on diesel and you're pinned to he ground by the bike with an open filler cap happily disgorging the 15 litres of unleaded all over you, the bike and the forecourt... All it'll take is one spark and you're the human fireball... : Darwin would be proud, remember the woman in York recently? :-?
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

6. Re: Re-fueling 
    Platinum Member
    Filling a bike up whilst sat on it is risky, riding it in the first place is even riskier, maybe even thrice as risky...

7. Re: Re-fueling 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Personally I think that sitting on the bike whilst filling up is plain daft. Compared with on the side stand you can only get a fraction more into the tank, most of which will piss out of the breather when you put it on the side stand to go and pay anyway, and one slip with the nozzle and you'll end up with a lap full of petrol, and the biggest no-no is the possibility of diesel on the ground beside the pump - it's often there and if you're sitting on the bike you probably won't have seen it... One slip of the foot on diesel and you're pinned to he ground by the bike with an open filler cap happily disgorging the 15 litres of unleaded all over you, the bike and the forecourt... All it'll take is one spark and you're the human fireball... : Darwin would be proud, remember the woman in York recently? :-?
    Hey Scotty, fancy doing some Risk Assessments for me ;D ;D ;D ;D

8. Re: Re-fueling 
    Most of us perform Risk Assessments all the time without realising it - it's the reason that we're still alive. Those who don't adequately assess life's risks feature prominently in the Darwin Awards... :

Consider this: in Motorcycle Endurance Racing, during a pitstop nobody is allowed to touch the bike during refuelling, neither mechanics nor riders. Do you think that they instigated that particular regulation because everyone enjoys sitting back and watching the refueller at work? :-?
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

9. Re: Re-fueling 
    Platinum Member
    Pah, next you'll be saying I should put my cigarette out while sat on the bike, refuelling it!!

10. Re: Re-fueling 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    Pah, next you'll be saying I should put my cigarette out while sat on the bike, refuelling it!!

and to stop taking on your mobile phone....
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"