Notices

Thread: Bike Service

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Bike Service 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8_ball
    Some of .................well me will go on google find out how to do it and just .........well have a go or just do the old thing........................ask somone that does know......

but thats me all over, If you think u can.............u can,,,can ,,,,can 8-)

Agreed... I thought that last time I needed to go to the dentist. Sadly it didn't end well - very messy :-/

G

2. Re: Bike Service 
    Platinum Member
    Just to add, its been illegal since 2004 for manufacturers to tie servicing into their warranties. As long as the service shedule is followed and OEM parts used you can get it done anywhere - its not going to invalidate your warranty.
    This is true, the problem is that not everything in reality is black and white. Even where the terms are documented there are going to be times where you may be at the mercy of the dealers discretion. For example it could be a subjective matter as to whether something is faulty or it's a wear & tear issue.
    I'd speculate that you stand a greater chance of getting the benefit of doubt if you've had the bike fully serviced with the dealer.

3. Re: Bike Service 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    Just to add, its been illegal since 2004 for manufacturers to tie servicing into their warranties. As long as the service shedule is followed and OEM parts used you can get it done anywhere - its not going to invalidate your warranty.
    This is true, the problem is that not everything in reality is black and white. Even where the terms are documented there are going to be times where you may be at the mercy of the dealers discretion. For example it could be a subjective matter as to whether something is faulty or it's a wear & tear issue.
    I'd speculate that you stand a greater chance of getting the benefit of doubt if you've had the bike fully serviced with the dealer.
    Completely agree, I was just pointing out that dealers cannot force you to have the bike serviced at their dealership in respect of the manufacturers warranty. With my newer Beemer I did keep it dealer serviced until the warranty ran out for that very reason and the same dealer did put through a "goodwill" claim for me 6 months after the warranty expired. BMW paid the full bill and I'm sure I would have had a lot of trouble getting that result without dealer servicing.

Just remember there are independants out there who will be much cheaper than the dealer with service costs and it will not void your warranty if you use them provided they use the published service schedule. Same if you do it yourself as I do now but make sure you can back everything up with paperwork.

4. Re: Bike Service 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=@bj link=1327142034/5#5 date=1327161671]How would one go about finding Mr Goldsmith..?
    http://www.master-tec.biz/[/quote]
    Has anyone used Master-Tec recently ??.. Looking for somewhere a bit cheaper to get bike serviced, used to go to GW Honda, once Honda warranty period ends.
    Ducati Diavel Dark