Notices

Thread: Dropped my bike like a plonker

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Dropped my bike like a plonker 
    camera.op76
    Happened to me in Swansea a couple of weeks ago, my last Match of the Day for the season, I started to ride home, not even left the car park, I couldnt get my foot off the Peg, and over we go... embarressing more than anything. Im glad the rest of the camera crew had gone, or I would have had the piss taken out of me probably til the end of time. ;D

2. Re: Dropped my bike like a plonker 
    Quote Originally Posted by camera.op76
    Happened to me in Swansea a couple of weeks ago, my last Match of the Day for the season, I started to ride home, not even left the car park, I couldnt get my foot off the Peg, and over we go... embarressing more than anything. Im glad the rest of the camera crew had gone, or I would have had the piss taken out of me probably til the end of time. ;D
    Ive had similar, I seem to forget that I need to put my foot down and luckily remember last minute haha.

3. Re: Dropped my bike like a plonker 
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    Went for a blast this morning thru the countryside, hour and a half later returned home with a massive grin on my facd and thought i'd oil my chain..... Didn't bother using the side stand, got off the bike and grapped the paddock stand, went to lift so switched grip and didn't have much strength in my arm cause of the ride and it tipped :-[ so i thought it would be an even better idea to get between it and the floor so thats exactly what i did but the bike thought it would be more to pin my knee under it :-[
    The shift manager at a place I worked a few years ago did exactly the same moving his R6 just a few feet in the garage. Unfortunately, trying to save the bike ended up with him off work for 6 months with a badly broken leg.