Notices

Thread: choices choices!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Re: choices choices! 
    well, I bought the black low milage one (2k miles) and she delivered it to me yesterday pm in her hubby's van. I went out for a bimble just to get used to her and she was okay for the first few miles, then started coughing and spluttering. I spoke to Rob Jones https://www.facebook.com/pages/RJ-Ra...43110689089984
    who said the carb jests are probably blocked where it's been on it's side stand for the last year unridden. I've got it booked in for a service next weekend so can't ride it til then as it's cutting out at low revs. Boo!

she is lush though..
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

2. Re: choices choices! 
    Banned
    You need to get some fresh petrol in her.

3. Re: choices choices! 
    I did that las night Swanny. She wont even tick over now, boo! (and no, I didn't put diesel in her either ;D)
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

4. Re: choices choices! 
    *cough* orange one *cough* :P

If it's been stood without use then yes, the carb jets could well be blocked or varnished over with stale fuel deposits - doesn't take long for it to happen unfortunately - plugs will probably need replacing too - but then if it's in for a full service it'll all get done anyway

Glad you like the bike though

5. Re: choices choices! 
    ^^^ my hero [smiley=kiss.gif]