Notices

Thread: choices choices!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. choices choices! 
    I need your help (again lol)
    I've decided on a Hornet and have narrowed it down to two bikes. They are very different though and you'll see why.
    Initially, I wanted black and only black would do...then I saw a tango metallic orange one which looks really nice. I really like the orange one as it's really unusual. Prior to that I'd found a black one and now I dunno what to do. :-/
    So here are the comparisons:

Black Hornet
    02 plate, faired (which I'd remove) mint condition, 2044 miles (genuine) been serviced and MOT'd annually despite low miles. Owner is a 50+ woman and she's had the bike from new, so for 10 years. Standard seat. Price £2500. Located an hour away.

Orange Hornet
    06 plate, naked. been dropped but only marked on the engine casing, few stone chips on paintwork but not too bad for 6yo bike. 21k miles partial service history but owned by a bike mechanic who's done all servicing himself (he races dragsters apparently and has a garage full of bikes). Seat lowered by sculpting out sponge, by 2 inches (I'm a short arse) located 5 miles away. Price £2750[img][/img]

One is 10 years old, has been lovingly cared for by a female and has exceptionally low milage.
    The other has 21k, partial service history although it's been maintained by a mechanic.

If you were me, what would you do? :-? Stick a vote on the poll please
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

2. Re: choices choices! 
    pics:
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

3. Re: choices choices! 
    black one:

4. Re: choices choices! 
    Banned
    I wonder if the fairing would fit my 2010 CBF??

5. Re: choices choices! 
    Orange one ....
    Personally I'm not a fan of that fairing, and the mileage, at 21k, isn't high at all.

2k over 10 years is nothing, BUT, even if it's been serviced, there's still things that can't be seen - like engine oil seals, cracked due to no use, 10 year old tyres that'll need changing.
    TBH, in my humble opinion, I'd rather have a bike that's been used over one that's been standing.

I'd go for a bike that's been ridden and had the little gremlins that always occur fixed as it went along - fewer nasty surprises that way

6. Re: choices choices! 
    The Orange one for me, and then spray it black

7. Re: choices choices! 
    Platinum Member
    All things considered - I would go with the black one.

8. Re: choices choices! 
    Orange is the best colour!
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

9. Re: choices choices! 
    Aaaaaggggghhhhhh!

10. Re: choices choices! 
    Black, it's got all history. Only partial with the orange one. And with such low miles, you could ride it around the world and back, and it would still look like sensible mileage... :-*
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk