Notices

Thread: Where do "real" women shop for bike clothes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Where do "real" women shop for bike clothes? 
    Ok, im curious how normal women shop for bike clothes, particularly jackets... By normal women I mean ladies that measure up somewhere in between the 12 - 18 category

Normal size ladies - I dont mean your Kate Moss's or your Jo Brands, just your average lady with a bit up front

My shopping experiences so far have proven that unless I was sired by a giraffe and my mother was a feral orangutan, jackets that go round my front bits are just too long in the body and arm and the rolled up sleeve look is so 80's :

2. Re: Where do "real" women shop for bike clothes? 
    I took the wife to Hein Gericke and they fitted her like a dream, might be worth a look when they have deal days on.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

3. Re: Where do "real" women shop for bike clothes? 
    I know the feeling being a vertically challenged 'womanly' shape!

Had to laugh went to the old George Whites yesterday in search of some leather trousers - found some which fitted at the waist and bottom really nicely (VERY unusual) but the knee armour was somewhere on my skins - the nice young man politely told me they do ride up when you sit on the bike...I know that but their is coming up a bit and just being too darn long and no they wouldn't/couldn't order them in a short leg for me

I think Fowlers is about the best bet and most helpful especially if you see the lady in the clothes department.

In general their is very little choice.

PS Ladies bike clothes label sizes do lie

4. Re: Where do "real" women shop for bike clothes? 
    Hi
    Gotta echo Dan's suggestion Hein Gericke.
    Just a thought & speaking from experience ring some of the branches before you head off as some of them carry a limited stock especially this time of year if you're looking for textiles.

I ended up buying mine online catching some fab deals as they were coming to end of season, the online sales team were really helpful suggesting sizes when I gave them my measurements & when they arrived they fitted me perfectly!

Just been on their site & found their latest offer...............
    http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/diamond-deals.html
    only catch though is the Diamond jubilee product offers are only available until 11th June 2012

Hope this helps

Di

Ps they also do "special" women's sizes too!!!
    Check out their sizing info charts

5. Re: Where do "real" women shop for bike clothes? 
    As a thought have you tried Stephens in Trowbridge - they did have some nice ladies jackets there.

http://www.nutz4bikes.co.uk/

6. Re: Where do "real" women shop for bike clothes? 
    Phoenix in Trowbridge do ladies bike clothes!
    It's all about the ride!

7. Re: Where do "real" women shop for bike clothes? 
    I've got all the necessary equipment, boobs, belly, bum, short legs etc and I find the best bet is to keep drifting round the shops trying stuff on and find what fits. 8-)
    Cordura - Held and Hein Gericke both do excellent stuff that fits me. I've also got a snug fitting FT jacket but I won't mention FT's waterproofing... (my personal experience over the years)
    Leathers - I've got Hein Gericke jacket, I was so impressed after I'd been down the road in it and had it cut off that I bought the same style again I also have an absolutely lovely set of Dainese 2 piece leathers from Crescent, they even moved the knees to be in the right place for me, but I have sadly outgrown them - I keep them just in case I shrink again. (yeh, yeh, in my dreams...)

Happy hunting

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

8. Re: Where do "real" women shop for bike clothes? 
    Ladies clothing....they do that??

My jacket is a mans......mainly because I needed a little umm extra around the front due to having ummm big shoulder blades hehe......but also because I like a long jacket that comes down over my rather large rear end hehe....I like being warm and dry and love my textiles...no they aren't flattering, they dont make me look tall and thin (nothing ever would lol) but Im comfy, warm, dry and well protected....and thats all I want ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pheonix in Trowbridge are good and get my vote of confidence............. (I would use Ebay but I have to try before I buy)

9. Re: Where do "real" women shop for bike clothes? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cerruti
    Ok, im curious how normal women shop for bike clothes, particularly jackets... By normal women I mean ladies that measure up somewhere in between the 12 - 18 category

Normal size ladies - I dont mean your Kate Moss's or your Jo Brands, just your average lady with a bit up front

My shopping experiences so far have proven that unless I was sired by a giraffe and my mother was a feral orangutan, jackets that go round my front bits are just too long in the body and arm and the rolled up sleeve look is so 80's :

Ask Bubblylittleme, she is blessed in the booby department and her jackets seem to fit mighty fine.

10. Re: Where do "real" women shop for bike clothes? 
    I'm another Hein Gerrick fan - best fit so far for me. I'm on the taller side with not so much up front, so I need a long jacket without so much room for big shoulder blades (thanks Tina :P).

Hein Gerrick fitted the bill quite nicely, and their trousers also seemed to be longer...or at least the knee pads are on my knees instead of halfway up my thighs! ;D
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...