Notices

Thread: Cerruti wants a commuter bike and needs help....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Cerruti wants a commuter bike and needs help.... 
    Hornet
    I'm 5 ft4 with a 29 inch leg :-*
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

2. Re: Cerruti wants a commuter bike and needs help.... 
    I went for the ER6F - I pick it up on Saturday. Was by far the most comfortable bike for me.

Oh btw, did someone on this forum suggest I try a Versys?

If ever you want a laugh, take a short-legged person to the bike shop and get them to sit on a Versys... I got beached :'(

After casually swinging my leg over it, I realised that I couldnt touch the ground the other side, I was also "commited" so couldnt get off... Effectively beached with nowhere to go, until the very nice kwaka dealer man offerered some assistance :-[ :-[ :-[

3. Re: Cerruti wants a commuter bike and needs help.... 
    Platinum Member
    ooppss :-[ :-[ :-[ That would be me ;D ;D

4. Re: Cerruti wants a commuter bike and needs help.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by cerruti

If ever you want a laugh, take a short-legged person to the bike shop and get them to sit on a Versys... I got beached :'(

After casually swinging my leg over it, I realised that I couldnt touch the ground the other side, I was also "commited" so couldnt get off... Effectively beached with nowhere to go, until the very nice kwaka dealer man offerered some assistance :-[ :-[ :-[
    I know that feeling ;D

5. Re: Cerruti wants a commuter bike and needs help.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki
    [quote author=cerruti link=1338664739/11#11 date=1339517892]...

I know that feeling ;D
    [/quote]
    and me lol, I get stranded on most things, most notably, the MT-01 and the new Hornet ;D Had a good 3/4 inches either side under my feet ;D and that's with my Herman Munster Daytona Ladystars on
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

6. Re: Cerruti wants a commuter bike and needs help.... 
    have to wear some heels

7. Re: Cerruti wants a commuter bike and needs help.... 
    When I was thinking of starting my own bike school I looked at Lisa of bikes and ended up buying the Er6 on a 55 plate. The bike is now used by Ash and me occasionally when the speed triple gets a rest.

It's a really nice, neutral machine, well balanced and does everything you'd want fun a commuter but you can also open up that sweet little 650 twin engine and have a lot of fun too. I think I've squeezed 120 out of the one we have but unfaired being the N the wind gets too much by that point anyway.

It's a brilliant beginners bike, nice all round feel to it and you'd both have a lot of fun on it.

Personally, at 5 ft 11 it can feel odd after being on the triple, but that's a really tall bike with wide bars too.

The little Kwak is nice little all rounder x