From yesterday's House of Commons written answers:

Steve Baker: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport what steps she has taken as part of Ride to Work Day on Monday 18 June to recognise the contribution of motorcycles to reducing commuter congestion.

Mike Penning: The Government recognises and welcomes the contribution of motorcycles in reducing commuter congestion and initiatives such as Ride to Work. Although the Government is neutral on whether or not people should take up motorcycling we do, however, recognise that it is a valid transport choice and we have gone some way to create better and safer conditions for those who make that choice.

Local authorities are encouraged to take actions to support motorcyclists such as, providing dedicated parking facilities and allowing them access to bus lanes. I also note with interest that Transport for London have since January 2012, given motorcyclists permanent access to bus lanes on the majority of the capital's red routes.
I remember hearing something about this last year, but I don't think anyone has mentioned it on here yet.