Notices

Thread: Which gloves?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Which gloves? 
    In this very changeable weather, what gloves are you wearing?

At the moment I have a pair of Furygan Raindrop Lady Evo gloves which are mean't to be waterproof (but Im finding they aren't :'() and a pair of leather touring gloves.

The leather gloves are great in the dry weather but with this lovely summer we are having I am wearing the Furygan's nearly all the time - apart from the fact they don't seem to be waterproof (they are meant to be), they are quite hot, and I don't like sweaty palms

Can anyone recommend a waterproof but not too hot glove for this lovely ( :)summer we are having? TIA

2. Re: Which gloves? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cerruti
    In this very changeable weather, what gloves are you wearing?

At the moment I have a pair of Furygan Raindrop Lady Evo gloves which are mean't to be waterproof (but Im finding they aren't :'() and a pair of leather touring gloves.

The leather gloves are great in the dry weather but with this lovely summer we are having I am wearing the Furygan's nearly all the time - apart from the fact they don't seem to be waterproof (they are meant to be), they are quite hot, and I don't like sweaty palms

Can anyone recommend a waterproof but not too hot glove for this lovely ( :)summer we are having? TIA
    I have a pair of Alpinestars 365 Goretex gloves which have been great and 100% waterproof. They can get a bit warm inside on hot days but there's little need to worry about that these days. They're about £160 if I recall. Otherwise I actually use my Powerlet heated gloves (unheated of course) as they are 100% waterproof, lighter than the Alpinestars and have an inbuilt wipe on one of the LH fingers to wipe rain away from the visor.

3. Re: Which gloves? 
    i have a pair of frank thomas leather Fury Sport summer gloves that are not marketed as WP but my hands haven't got wet in them yet
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

4. Re: Which gloves? 
    I have about 6 pairs that i keep on the shelf at home. I tend to mix it up a bit. Having said that, i just bought some Weiss waterproof overgloves just cos of this bloody rain!
    £12 off ebay
    Bargain!
    8-)
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

5. Re: Which gloves? 
    Gloves are a bit of a personal choice, especially for the smaller biker :

I started off buying a pair of Frank Thomas Aquapore Ladies (small) gloves, still a bit on the big side for me, but are waterproof and apart from REALLY cold weather kept my mitts warm-ish. They are a bit on the bulky side so fine when I was just being a pillion but when I first started riding found them too bulky. I get on with them now my confidence has grown.
    When I started riding I bought a pair of Alpinestars Stella Tyla (small) gloves, the best fitting gloves, shower proof summer gloves, but they lack hard protection and do wonder how they would stand up to going down the road hands out trying to stop as seams are even doubled stitched!! :-/ don't think these were aimed at lady riders!!
    Next purchase were Frank Thomas Ladies (xsmall) gloves, no idea what model that are, no fancy name on label. These fit well, have some hard protection and some double stitched seams. I would say they were shower proof and are a summer glove, hands would freeze in cold weather
    This year I invested in a pair of Klan waterproof heated gloves (xsmall) fit is good but heat element can be a bit uncomfortable on a couple of my knuckles, they are a bit of a faff to thread cable through clothing, but hands were toasty warm and dry and they are wearable in warmer weather.
    It's Lilac... not pink!

6. Re: Which gloves? 
    I have got two sets of Frank Thomas XTI2s as with Dans they aren't marked as waterproof.
    I use a bit of nikwax waterproofer 2 a month on them and they haven't leaked once yet, touch wood!
    They were £30 a pair from GWs at the bike show last year, but think they are about £60 normally.
    Caz has got some Frank Thomas waterproof ones, again from GWs and they were £35 and have held up well so far.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

7. Re: Which gloves? 
    Banned
    I borrowed a pair of summer gloves from my mate last year when I bought the Zephyr and as they are the only ones I have I've been using them ever since. When it rains my hands get wet, when it's cold I put glove liners in 8-)

One day I'll buy another pair

8. Re: Which gloves? 
    marigold's keep your hands dry

9. Re: Which gloves? 
    Diamond Member
    And you will be seen :P ;D

10. Re: Which gloves? 
    Quote Originally Posted by bobf279
    marigold's keep your hands dry
    Marigolds?

Only 2 types of people wear marigolds, and I dont see any horns..... ;D