Notices

Thread: Feeling guilty - how often do you clean your bike?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Feeling guilty - how often do you clean your bike? 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    As little as I can get away with

Mines usually covered in acf50 so it cleans up pretty quickly and this year I've avoided wet riding as much as poss too which helps
    Not been out much this year then

2. Re: Feeling guilty - how often do you clean your bike? 
    On a cruiser type with lots of chrome I completely agree. My Harley is polished to within an inch of its life every time the dust cover is removed - and I don't get it out of the garage if there's a cloud in the sky or the roads are wet...

But the Kwaka is mostly plastic and it's ridden every day regardless of the weather

I do feel guilty that it doesnt get any love though. Maybe I could put a bit of effort in :-[

3. Re: Feeling guilty - how often do you clean your bike? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cerruti
    The other half took my kwaka in for a service yesterday and I went down to pick it up this morning....

The Kwaka dealer people told me how their mechanic chappie had felt so sorry for my bike and taken pity on it because it was in an absolute state so he had washed and polished it for me :'(

I was so embarrassed :-[

He then proceeded to tell me that they had never seen a 2 week old bike in such a state and that it was filthy :-[

And that I really should take better care of it :-[

I have to be honest, the weather has been so crap since I got it, and Ive been riding it to work every day - yes it was filthy :-[ But it's also just a bike? : (Ok so I wouldn't get the Harley out in this weather but thats a whole different ball game ;D).

So my question is, for all weather bikers/commuters - how often do you clean your bike?
    I wouldnt blame you for not cleaning it seeing as we are in Autumn with [s]pissin[/s] persistant rain every day... can be gutting to clean a bike only to get it filthy the next day? I would be inclined to give it a good scrub - then cover it in a good anti-corrosion agent... this will ensure no rot under all the roadgak until we finnaly get some good weather? Regular washing in my book leads to problems with damp electrics etc...

4. Re: Feeling guilty - how often do you clean your bike? 
    Cerruti I try and clean mine every week. Although like you on the commute, the XJ6 gets filthy. I cleaned her on friday and know the weather forecast says rain and lots of it. If it is hanging I give it a blast with cold water just to rinse all the crap off.
    The Senna gets cleaned after every run, just because it deserves that extra bit of love. More likely the fact that replacement parts are so expensive.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

5. Re: Feeling guilty - how often do you clean your bike? 
    Platinum Member
    It's a Honda, so i won't be greeted by a pile of rust if i leave it to when i can be arsed. I sprayed the tank cap lock with graphite lock grease t'other day and it went all over the yellow tank, it looks filthy at the moment.

6. Re: Feeling guilty - how often do you clean your bike? 
    Platinum Member
    Riding it is definitely higher up my list of priorities.
    Cleaning I'm afraid mostly have to fit in my life rather than the other way around.

7. Re: Feeling guilty - how often do you clean your bike? 
    Just don't take it thru the sainsbury's car wash....they don't like that, they don't like that at all....
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

8. Re: Feeling guilty - how often do you clean your bike? 
    Diamond Member
    As & when she needs washing & general maintenance.

9. Re: Feeling guilty - how often do you clean your bike? 
    Ooooo, ummmmm, I think I washed mine last year ;D

Nooj noojed it for me when I bought it, probably get him to do it again before we head into winter this year.
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

10. Re: Feeling guilty - how often do you clean your bike? 
    Went out on mine in the rain today. Washed it when i got back. Heavy rain forecast for tomorrow.... DOH!
    >
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd