Some things I found on my journey...

Trail Boots are better than massive enduro type boots - they're lighter and you can change gear...

(Size 12......? You're no so tall - do you have any hobbit ancestry..?)

Motocross shirt/trousers - you don't really need them... dress to the weather as you would a road bike... Not sure I've seen any green laners wearing this stuff...

I've often abandoned body armour when the weather is hot - and seen other guys I've been riding with have complete meltdowns from having too much gear on a hot day. Remember - its not obligatory to ride at speeds outside of your comfort zone. Also - if you do - you may fail to observe the spectacular scenery going on around you.

Special gloves..? Been happy with road gloves so far - though my road gloves do have a bit of armour...

Off road helmet - if you were only to buy one piece of kit - this would be it - don't know if that place that used to be George Whites are still doing it - but they had G-Max helmets reduced from £100 to £15... I also got my trail boots there - Alpinestars Scout - £180 - if I remember correctly - very happy with them...

Goggles - Oakleys of course... though often I'm just wearing sunglasses - remember - you're green laning - not racing - it's not obligatory to ride so close to the guy in front that whatever comes off his back wheel ends up in your face...

Suggest a minimum of kit to start with - do some gentle scenic riding - then you'll get a feel of which direction you want to take it - unless you enjoy acquiring loads of stuff you may not use...

Oakley