Notices

Thread: Off/on road bike for sale see for sale adverts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Off/on road bike for sale see for sale adverts 
    [s][s][s][/s][[s]s]Selling my off road bike see for sale adverts if you want it?[/s] [/s]x [/s] Sold to Dennis [/s]

2. Re: Off/on road bike for sale see for sale adverts 
    why why why ???? !!!!!
    Ducati Diavel Dark

3. Re: Off/on road bike for sale see for sale adverts 
    Because of lots of reasons .one being I need to move and housing one bike is bad enough lol

4. Re: Off/on road bike for sale see for sale adverts 
    Diamond Member

5. Re: Off/on road bike for sale see for sale adverts 
    Hi Bondy,

I did the Yamaha Off road Experience in Wales on Friday and had a fantastic time. Muscles still recovering from the day. ;D

I would like to try some trails nearer to home so would be definately be interested.

Can you PM me your contact details so that I can contact you.

Dennis

6. Re: Off/on road bike for sale see for sale adverts 
    Coming over to the dark side eh Dennis..?

Giv's a shout when you're ready and I'll meet you on Salisbury Plain...

There's a pub in West Lavington that does great burgers & Sunday Roast...

7. Re: Off/on road bike for sale see for sale adverts 
    If all goes well Bondy will have me "technically" converted to the other side very shortly ;D

Now for the rest of the shopping:
    Does anyone have any of the following available for sale (before I go to ebay and the shops).
    Upper Body Amour (XXL)
    Knee & Shin Guards (for big legs)
    Boots (UK Size 12 )
    Motocross Shirt (XXL)
    Motocross Trousers (38" waist, don't know who I am kidding make that 40" - gotta leave room for the burgers and Sunday roast ;D)
    Gloves (XXL)
    Goggles
    Helmet (I am going down to the shops to find a lid that fits my funny shaped and large head ;D)

Once that is done, I am going to harass all of you with your off road bikes to take me out for a ride ;D

How does that sound?

Dennis

8. Re: Off/on road bike for sale see for sale adverts 
    Some things I found on my journey...

Trail Boots are better than massive enduro type boots - they're lighter and you can change gear...

(Size 12......? You're no so tall - do you have any hobbit ancestry..?)

Motocross shirt/trousers - you don't really need them... dress to the weather as you would a road bike... Not sure I've seen any green laners wearing this stuff...

I've often abandoned body armour when the weather is hot - and seen other guys I've been riding with have complete meltdowns from having too much gear on a hot day. Remember - its not obligatory to ride at speeds outside of your comfort zone. Also - if you do - you may fail to observe the spectacular scenery going on around you.

Special gloves..? Been happy with road gloves so far - though my road gloves do have a bit of armour...

Off road helmet - if you were only to buy one piece of kit - this would be it - don't know if that place that used to be George Whites are still doing it - but they had G-Max helmets reduced from £100 to £15... I also got my trail boots there - Alpinestars Scout - £180 - if I remember correctly - very happy with them...

Goggles - Oakleys of course... though often I'm just wearing sunglasses - remember - you're green laning - not racing - it's not obligatory to ride so close to the guy in front that whatever comes off his back wheel ends up in your face...

Suggest a minimum of kit to start with - do some gentle scenic riding - then you'll get a feel of which direction you want to take it - unless you enjoy acquiring loads of stuff you may not use...

Oakley

9. Re: Off/on road bike for sale see for sale adverts 
    Thank you VERY VERY much!
    It is advice like yours I was hoping for.

So far, I have already managed to pick up a helmet and water proof gloves (given the recent weather).

Waiting till Thursday for a new shipment of goggles to come in to my local MX shop. The new batch of goggles is supposed to allow me to wear my glasses. underneath. Hopefully without steaming up.

It was very challenging changing gears with the MX boots. I just thought it was me or that it would get easier with time. So to hear that I can get away with the Trail boots is a big relief.

I will head down to George White and have a look at what is on offer in the boots department.

As for foot size, I have big feet, big hands, a big head and you know what else is big Yep ...... my belly ;D ;D ;D
    Having said that a big tool needs to be covered by a big shed!! ;D ;D ;D

So from what you have said, I am almost good to go. As soon as I get some boots I will be able to come out to play.

I will take your advice and might still get some body armour (a bit later on) as I don't seem to bounce very well and I may tend to get distracted by the scenery and run into a tree or something harder. ;D ;D

As for acquiring stuff, you are talking to a master mag pie here. Once it is shiny I like to collect, so I will try to take it easy and collect slowly as I go along.

Now I am off to go prune my watchlist on ebay ;D

Thanks again for the great advice

Dennis

10. Re: Off/on road bike for sale see for sale adverts 
    Hey Dennis heard you are having fun..glad to hear it ;D