Notices

Thread: Triumph sprint 1050 or Honda vfr 800

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Triumph sprint 1050 or Honda vfr 800 
    The good and not so good any help gratefully received.

2. Re: Triumph sprint 1050 or Honda vfr 800 
    My votes for the VFR but depends what you want to use it for.

3. Re: Triumph sprint 1050 or Honda vfr 800 
    ok well this is something you may want to look into, the triumph daytona has a soft head, needs the shims checking a lot and after 20.000 generally need a new head, very very exspensive, it would be worth checking for that problem on a triumph forum for the sprint, that being said, it doesn't seem to be for all but is a gamble i definately would rather not take. the vfr?? honda = bullet proof engine, looked after can do up to 200,000 i've herd (read) about. Im totally bias tho as I ride a honda, the old man has a triumph but it's currently at mine waiting to be fixed while he rides his more reliable ummmm honda.

4. Re: Triumph sprint 1050 or Honda vfr 800 
    Diamond Member
    I know it’s not very patriotic, but I owned a VFR on a 97 plate, last of the non – VTEC and along with the CBRs (owned one too) one of the best all rounders ever built IMHO. To be fair though I can’t really comment on the Triumph having not ridden it.

As already said, a bullet proof engine and excellent finish. I sold it 10 years later and it was as good as the day it left the factory. There was a lot of criticism of the VTEC at the time of the change and I have been told that servicing costs can be expensive. However, didn’t stop them selling in bucket loads. Test ride both bikes – although the British bike has a larger capacity engine there is not a lot of difference in BHP output.

5. Re: Triumph sprint 1050 or Honda vfr 800 
    Platinum Member
    Why either? The VFR has similar ride and comfort to the 9r, so why change? Not keen on trumpets either way.

6. Re: Triumph sprint 1050 or Honda vfr 800 
    Honda all the way.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

7. Re: Triumph sprint 1050 or Honda vfr 800 
    Platinum Member
    The VFR weighs a tonne and although very capable, IMO is a very bland bike (especially on the standard exhaust).

The Sprint has **** headlights for night riding and is one of the hardest bikes to get onto it's centre stand but is very well put together and comfortable.

If you want that kind of bike, I'd suggest looking at a low mileage Aprilia Futura as it has the best of both the VFR and Sprint plus a whole lot of engine character the other two don't have... if you can live with the looks.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

8. Re: Triumph sprint 1050 or Honda vfr 800 
    Save a lot of money and buy yerself a 1st gen Fazer 1000. Comfy, goes like stink, and totally reliable.
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

9. Re: Triumph sprint 1050 or Honda vfr 800 
    hang on, I thought we were talking about the two bikes goz asked about??? [smiley=undecided.gif]
    If your looking for suggestions I'd have to agree with able, for comfort and speed combined the fazer is tops for me.

10. Re: Triumph sprint 1050 or Honda vfr 800 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    Why either? The VFR has similar ride and comfort to the 9r, so why change? Not keen on trumpets either way.
    the 9r's gone, wife reversed over it and Goz is currently on a Bandit

Goz, i'd go for the Honda, prefer the look is the reason
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....