Notices

Thread: motorcycle withdraw symptoms

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. motorcycle withdraw symptoms 
    It has been two weeks since I last went for a good ol blast on the bike but because of this hellish weather, I refuse to go for a ride. However, wise men say (the weather man) tomorrow is meant to be a hot sunny day!! I know, couldn't believe it either haha. So hoping to get out on the old girl. Wet weather riding is not much fun especially when it come to the cleaning part :P. Ride safe all!

2. Re: motorcycle withdraw symptoms 
    Banned
    Get your wet gear on and get out there 8-)

3. Re: motorcycle withdraw symptoms 
    i've given up waiting for good weather

4. Re: motorcycle withdraw symptoms 
    Diamond Member
    Had a good ride up to Fowlers today, got a bit damp, so bought a waterproof jacket & the rain stopped & dried up... :

5. Re: motorcycle withdraw symptoms 
    Platinum Member
    Perhaps I could actually be RIDING said motorcycle instead of making sad visits to the garage to stare out at the rain, before heading inside to:

stroke the saddle

fidget with my new anodised tat

attempt a bench tidy

polish a random bike part that may have got - Heaven forbid - dusty

forget what I actually went in there for, but emerge with something new that needs fixing, accidently increasing your workload

consider the pro's & con's of starting it up for a little bit (maybe a few minutes, just to HEAR it... UUMMMMMMM.....)

look out the garage back door to see if it is raining out the back of the house as well

return to the laptop, a little pissed off and dejected that you waited all fkn year for the Summer so you could get out on some dry sticky roads and HAVE IT - only to find we are now having some sort of monsoon rain-forest conditions causing you to wonder quite why you bothered taxing, mot'ing & insuring the thing in the first place??

Bag of Arse!!

I try to justify it by thinking - if I dont ride it - I can't crash it!

6. Re: motorcycle withdraw symptoms 
    Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    Perhaps I could actually be RIDING said motorcycle instead of making sad visits to the garage to stare out at the rain, before heading inside to:

stroke the saddle

attempt a bench tidy

forget what I actually went in there for, but emerge with something new that needs fixing, accidently increasing your workload

consider the pro's & con's of starting it up for a little bit (maybe a few minutes, just to HEAR it... UUMMMMMMM.....)

look out the garage back door to see if it is raining out the back of the house as well

return to the laptop, a little pissed off and dejected that you waited all fkn year for the Summer so you could get out on some dry sticky roads and HAVE IT - only to find we are now having some sort of monsoon rain-forest conditions causing you to wonder quite why you bothered taxing, mot'ing & insuring the thing in the first place??

Bag of Arse!!

;D ;D
    Everything else is shyte

7. Re: motorcycle withdraw symptoms 
    this is england..if you wait for a dry sunny day before venturing out,you'll never get a decent ride out..sometimes you just got to put the wet gear on and go for it..
    its only 15 miles but my ride to work and back everyday(calne-marlborough)is a great ride with fast road and plenty curves,even better now its been repaired in places and is still great even in the wet..rain or shine i get a buzz every day,and if the bike is well treated it dont take 10 mins to blast off with a pressure washer
    ride to work,work to live,live to ride

8. Re: motorcycle withdraw symptoms 
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four

stroke the saddle

attempt a bench tidy

Bag of Arse!!

im not the only one then lol.

9. Re: motorcycle withdraw symptoms 
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_al_+_kate
    it dont take 10 mins to blast off with a pressure washer
    Just find yerself a big puddle - works for me

Actually to be honest. I did 335 miles on the ACU national road rally 2 weeks ago and knew it would be wet so I covered the bike in ACF50 before the run. Then I left it on and did the aircooled RD rally where it was also wet.

I might clean it before the calne show.. :-?

10. Re: motorcycle withdraw symptoms 
    Should have been on the Chicken Run, No rain, just the odd puddle ;D ;D

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”