Notices

Thread: Hit by a 40 tonne truck

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Re: Hit by a 40 tonne truck 
    What a tosser, I'm glad you're okay though, it must have been awful
    I hope you reported it to the police, it's procedure these days and might help your insurance go through quicker with a case number, etc.
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

2. Re: Hit by a 40 tonne truck 
    Her indoors (cerruti) has been hassling me to post something in this thread :-? .. not sure what I can add, but at least I have posted now! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

3. Re: Hit by a 40 tonne truck 
    Platinum Member
    Glad you are relatively OK (apart from your damaged knee)
    Your bike can be easily fixed.

4. Re: Hit by a 40 tonne truck 
    glad you're ok

5. Re: Hit by a 40 tonne truck 
    A good rule to observe in an RTC situation; Call the Cops if you're a) injured in any way and b) if the perpetrator argues liability.

I had a knee injury last year that GWH in Swinetown diagnosed (even after requesting a second opinion) as "a bit of soft tissue damage" - I had four weeks off work in November after needing said bit of soft tissue, a cruciate ligament, replacing... have you been to A&E (possibly a waste of time) or your GP (better)?

Good that you're getting right back on the horse though, well done. 8-)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

6. Re: Hit by a 40 tonne truck 
    Glad you are ok !!! I had an off about seven weeks ago, It really hurts to see your bike after its been sliding down the road had a right time with the insurance folk and all the red tape making sure they hadnt forgotten me, I had to be on the phone all the time making sure I was still at the top of their list. Hassle them Cerruti and keep hassling them until you get what you want !!! Hope it all pans out quickly for you.

7. Re: Hit by a 40 tonne truck 
    Platinum Member
    Yes, deffo go to your GP (if not been to A&E).
    Some of the advice can be invaluable long term regards things like stopping the formation of scar tissue.

8. Re: Hit by a 40 tonne truck 
    Thanks for the advice Daddy Cool and so glad to hear you get your pride and joy back today.

Having an accident is one thing, dealing with all the "people" after is something else - As you say, you need to be on the ball. I just pray mine doesnt take 7 weeks - I have severe withdrawal symptoms already, I feel like Ive lost a child :'(

9. Re: Hit by a 40 tonne truck 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    Yes, deffo go to your GP (if not been to A&E).
    Some of the advice can be invaluable long term regards things like stopping the formation of scar tissue.
    I spent a lovely 3 hours in Trowbridge minor injury unit yesterday afternoon having my knee assessed - just some soft tissue damage probably where I dragged my leg up and over the bike a nano second before the huge great lorry tyre made contact with my bike I probably twisted it on the way, not sure, it happened soooo quick.

When the accident happened I didnt even realise I was hurt, it wasnt until I was sat at the side of the road on my own with my bike waiting for the RAC truck that things started to hurt

That is why the police weren't involved - there was no injury at the time and no obstruction of the highway.

10. Re: Hit by a 40 tonne truck 
    christ sounds nasty hope your ok