Notices

Thread: Long distance riding comfort

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Long distance riding comfort 
    Most comfortable bike I've ever ridden is a Superdream!!!! Good job too as it ain't the fastest!!!!! ;D The ergonomics of it were just brilliant.

I don't find the sitting still that bad, it's the getting off at the end that's painful!!!!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

2. Re: Long distance riding comfort 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cerruti
    [quote author=Mitch9128 link=1343302260/1#1 date=1343303128]Get a sportsbike, people mock the riding position, but far comfier than any 'sit up' bikes for me.
    Don't go there Mitch - My ER6 is still in the workshop waiting for stupid insurance peoples to reach some agreement :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I did ride the kwaka to work daily, which is about an hour's ride and I found that by the time I reached the office things were just starting to hurt... The slightly forward riding position and the leg scrunching is not good for my back - Im held together with bits of titanium

For long distance I would choose the Harley every time, for commuting efficiency its the kwaka. I guess it's a fitness issue and I need to spent more time in the saddle

But my god Ive got a sore backside and thighs today ;D ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

ER6 isn't what i would call a sportsbike, you need to get the weight off your coccyx

3. Re: Long distance riding comfort 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    ER6 isn't what i would call a sportsbike,
    Haha, me neither... but it's the closest Im ever going to get to one though!

I don't need a sportsbike, I need a bike that doesnt cripple me, and the ER6 was the best "commuter" type bike for comfort that I could find.

4. Re: Long distance riding comfort 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb
    Swop the Harley for a Bonnie maybe. Riding position would be better, it's faster, won't rust as much and it's British
    I couldn't... I love the Harley far too much. I think the Bonnies are great bikes, Im a triumph fan... but I just love my harley - and it was really comfortable all day, only the last hour really I started to feel it and I guess that is just down to fitness :

5. Re: Long distance riding comfort 
    Diamond Member
    Had a GSXR found it ok, wrists started to ache & lower back, Now on the Z1 no such issues ;D

6. Re: Long distance riding comfort 
    I love my Hornet, such a fun and comfy ride. On a side note, I'm so glad I didn't go for the cut down seat on the orange one I *almost* bought - my arse was just getting numb after that trip to Poole - it'd be a nightmare on less padding... ;D
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

7. Re: Long distance riding comfort 
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie
    I love my Hornet, such a fun and comfy ride. On a side note, I'm so glad I didn't go for the cut down seat on the orange one I *almost* bought - my arse was just getting numb after that trip to Poole - it'd be a nightmare on less padding... ;D
    Depends how much natural padding you have ;D ;D ;D

8. Re: Long distance riding comfort 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    Had a GSXR found it ok, wrists started to ache & lower back, Now on the Z1 no such issues ;D
    My theory on it is due to height...I'm quite short and I'm sure its that which helps.

9. Re: Long distance riding comfort 
    ahh, I need a bigger arse then ;D ;D ;D
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

10. Re: Long distance riding comfort 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki
    [quote author=GixxerStu link=1343302260/24#24 date=1343391840]Had a GSXR found it ok, wrists started to ache & lower back, Now on the Z1 no such issues ;D
    My theory on it is due to height...I'm quite short and I'm sure its that which helps.[/quote]

Tish and piffle, i'm 6'2".

The modern stuff is a bit '600cc' size, give me early noughties gear anyday.