Notices

Thread: KTM RC8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: KTM RC8 
    Why not ask for a test ride?
    I test rode one from Premier Bikes in Didcot around 2008 I think, took some getting used to, at low revs in traffic it sounded and felt like the bottom end was about to explode but improved dramatically when spinning faster. Handling and brakes were excellent, but I rode it along the same roads as I'd ridden my own bike that same day and it certainly felt (and was, by a good amount) slower than on mine. Maybe 5 years on a ZX-10 had spoilt me, I don't know. That said, they perked the engine up a bit when they updated it in 2009, and when I've encountered them on trackdays they certainly aren't slow!
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

2. Re: KTM RC8 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Why not ask for a test ride?
    I test rode one from Premier Bikes in Didcot around 2008 I think, took some getting used to, at low revs in traffic it sounded and felt like the bottom end was about to explode but improved dramatically when spinning faster. Handling and brakes were excellent, but I rode it along the same roads as I'd ridden my own bike that same day and it certainly felt (and was, by a good amount) slower than on mine. Maybe 5 years on a ZX-10 had spoilt me, I don't know. That said, they perked the engine up a bit when they updated it in 2009, and when I've encountered them on trackdays they certainly aren't slow!

thanks for the heads up! im well and truly enrolled in the KTM forum now lol, and as you rightly say, it seems unless its an 09 and later, you have to accessorize the 08 model to get it going in the right direction!! and given some of those are around 1k or more , i wont be affording that for a few years, so maybe its back to bidding on a Gixxer K7 i want lol

3. Re: KTM RC8 
    Mine is for sale, due to lack of use.

4. Re: KTM RC8 
    Quote Originally Posted by spudgun
    Mine is for sale, due to lack of use.
    is it!!!! the ebay auction says its ended ;D

if thats the price your asking its abit out of my pocket range ;(

and beleive it or not, going to look at astreet triple tomorrow but only to test ride , even if i love it, ill still be seeing this KTM on thursday

5. Re: KTM RC8 
    I ended it early due to a last minute holiday
    It's going back on fleabay at the weekend

6. Re: KTM RC8 
    Quote Originally Posted by spudgun
    I ended it early due to a last minute holiday
    It's going back on fleabay at the weekend
    ahh ok, hope it sells for you

i took a street triple out today, 1st mile out the dealership i nearly took it back, but gave it a chance, and have to say the best urban fun you can have, not to shabby on the motorway either,,, but for me lacks abit of grunt, and actaully had a sit on an RC8 in the showroom, just reminded me that i need something a bit more comfy

so gonna get a speed triple, sod it,,,

7. Re: KTM RC8 
    Consider the triple R if your budget stretches that bit further. The bay have got a few new ones at standard prices, or there are some nice ones available about the 4.5k mark.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

8. Re: KTM RC8 
    Quote Originally Posted by dipple666
    Consider the triple if your budget stretches that bit further. The bay have got a few new ones at standard prices, or there are some nice ones available about the 4.5k mark.
    thanks. looking now, least with the triple, it doesnt matter how basic the bike is, most of the addons are cheap as chips especailly compaired to KTM'S!! so can consentrate on getting the tidiest one with the lowest mileage