Notices

Thread: KTM RC8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. KTM RC8 
    anyone got any info about these??

i know they are a bit out there looking, but i popped down to GRowlers! 2 see wot they had, and sat on a couple of K series gixsers as thats really what im looking for, but seen the RC8 and had to have a go, wow so comfy to sit on, the ride hieght and positioning is amazing,
    seen one for sale, just wondered if theres anything i should look out for, besides being laughed down the road that is,

2. Re: KTM RC8 
    Platinum Member
    Not really looked into them much, a tad out of my price and license range at the moment!!! But i've only heard good things about them.

And to be honest... even if the bike was crap i'd still want one for those looks! I love it! Proper angry looking!

3. Re: KTM RC8 
    I know, id be happy just parked up at a sandwich wagon in a lay-by just watching people nearly crash there cars going past looking at it,lol

but its just not drawing me away to anything else after seeing it for sale and especially after sitting on it, and the best things is up until just now i didnt even know it was a V twin

4. Re: KTM RC8 
    Fully adjustable everything! The Jap manufacturers could learn a lot. Never really sold that well. Later models are the best 2009 - on.
    Quite track focused and agressive and the fueling is a little snatchy.

5. Re: KTM RC8 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    Fully adjustable everything! The Jap manufacturers could learn a lot. Never really sold that well. Later models are the best 2009 - on.
    Quite track focused and agressive and the fueling is a little snatchy.
    this one is a 2008., cannot afford a 2009 and above! lol
    just read that there was a recall on the gearboxes for the 08's would this have been all of them? as need to check this has been done, other than that and the odd snatchy fuelling have not heard a bad thing, oh and the 6000 mile service is due

6. Re: KTM RC8 
    Diamond Member
    The rad is quite exposed. Met a chap at Abergavenny who was on a ride with his mates. He was wating for the AA relay as a stone had punctured his nearly new RC8 rad.

Maybe he was just unlucky, but it didn't look very well protected - didn't seem to be a protective grill fixed to it.

7. Re: KTM RC8 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    didn't seem to be a protective grill fixed to it.
    Hahahaha welcome to the world of sports bikes, it doesn't have a centre stand either Ken!

8. Re: KTM RC8 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=monday21 link=1344354443/5#5 date=1344356591] didn't seem to be a protective grill fixed to it.
    Hahahaha welcome to the world of sports bikes, it doesn't have a centre stand either Ken![/quote]

Is that right? Never paid much attention Dan. I know my Fazer has got a plastic guard fitted. That's a bit naughty I would say.

9. Re: KTM RC8 
    Tell me about it! I had a stone go through my rad in the middle of a forrest in Normade on one of the hottest days of the year. I swore as soon as I got back I would fit a radiator guard. 12 months later and i'm yet to do so. :-[

10. Re: KTM RC8 
    try owning a 955i triple! it was like target practice for the stones

i get how they all like to make money from after sales goodies for your bike. but rad guards come on. stones wernt invented weeks ago!!!