Notices

Thread: Cheaper parts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Cheaper parts 
    Hi all,

For those that didn't come to Cornwall (Most of you then) I had some problems starting my VFR800FiX on the way down so had to be push started several times (Thanks guys) anyway long story short I have to buy a Regulator/Rectifier.

Di Bond gave me a card for a company called "Stuff4bikes" 01302 881919 and I saved myself £40 on a new unit over the David Sliver Spares price for the same OE part. Jobs a good'un

So worth giving them a call before spending any money. Their web site is not finished yet so call if the part you want is not listed.

www.stuff4bikes.co.uk
    Been riding longer than I can remember....But still enjoying it.

2. Re: Cheaper parts 
    These guys are good Gaz, saved a few pennies buying pads and braided lines in the past.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

3. Re: Cheaper parts 
    Just a update,,

My R/R turned up Wednesday the day after I ordered it, so fantasic service I think.

4. Re: Cheaper parts 
    Typical honda R/R had to get a new one recently, after going through 3 batteries and a solenoid, last time out it boiled the battery dry, just make sure you have the R/R with the fins

5. Re: Cheaper parts 
    Thanks fir the link!!!! 8-)
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Cheaper parts 
    Quote Originally Posted by wesrrw
    Typical honda R/R had to get a new one recently, after going through 3 batteries and a solenoid, last time out it boiled the battery dry, just make sure you have the R/R with the fins
    Thanks Wes, I have bought a upgraded type with larger fins and fitted a 12v PC case fan to get some air movement over the thing to keep it a bit cooler.

Lets see how it goes

7. Re: Cheaper parts 
    Hi folks, im looking to do a minor service on my bike (fazer 600 - 55) but im not sure of a reasonable/good quality site to get oil and filters from any suggestions as ive looked at the site that gaz talks about but they dont do any parts for my year of fazer.

8. Re: Cheaper parts 
    Quote Originally Posted by frost_01
    Hi folks, im looking to do a minor service on my bike (fazer 600 - 55) but im not sure of a reasonable/good quality site to get oil and filters from any suggestions as ive looked at the site that gaz talks about but they dont do any parts for my year of fazer.
    Tried the owners club or the like?
    Normally a good place to start.
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

9. Re: Cheaper parts 
    Cheers nelly

10. Re: Cheaper parts 
    hi guys im vinny @ stuff4bikes.co.uk (di bonds son) she just rang me and told me about this post thanks for the mention gaz, she also gave me a telling off for not having your bike listed frost_01 and threatened to ground me, glad i moved out years ago :
    if there is anything any one needs and cant see let me know as the website is far from near finished with parts available feel free to give me a shout on 01302 881919 or vinny@stuff4bikes.co.uk you can even email me your request with your number and i will call you
    cheers
    vinny