trapped dust seals can cause a problem it restricts the piston coming out and going back in when lever is released
big choice when it comes to pads everybody likes different i know someone with a zx10 thinks goldfren are good and someone with a cbr600 thinks there crap they do both ride different the zx10 lad is not so brake reliant, i think the goldfren are ok on the nights im not in a playful mood, but if in the right mood they dont work for me, for the extra £5 a pair SBS suit all round
SBS do a few different ranges to suit your style, we recomend the HF compound is the same as what would come in your bike as standard (sutable for most people ) the HS is the next step up (fastish rider occasional track day use mostly in intermediate sessions) RS (real fast rider likes his track days mostly fast group)

then there is the DC and DS range if you need these you dont need to be reading about brake pads as these are used in road racing, BSB and WSB the DS being used by the likes of the ten kate team and if you cant ride mega fast on track these pads do not work